DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi

Neebles

Reactions
I’m thinking about downloading Litchi to play with. Is it completely independent from DJI go4? My thought was to keep DJI go4 on the android phone for my running and gunning, and put Litchi on the iPad for longer, “I’m stationery” missions...Will this cause any problems/confusion for the Mavic? Also, Litchi for iOS, is it tied to my Apple ID, so if I put it on one iPad, and get a new one down the road, I can just re-download it on the new one? I don’t want to drop the 22 bucks for my current iPad, and have to do it again down the road.

Thanks

Once you buy apps from the app store they are yours. On any apple device. You can download it to the new device from the cloud.
Keep in mind, any crashes when using non DJI software may void any warranty you may have.

Once you buy apps from the app store they are yours. On any apple device. You can download it to the new device from the cloud.
Keep in mind, any crashes when using non DJI software may void any warranty you may have.

Ok good to know. I have insurance through State Farm on it so I’m not worried about crashes. Good heads up though.

And no worries about going back and forth between Litchi on iOS and DJI GO on Android?

I switch between the two apps all of the time - never seen any problems associated with going back and forth yet ;p

On Android you do need to make sure that you Force stop the Go4 App or Litchi will crash. It took me a little trial and error to figure that out.

Reactions: Sparky1
On Android you do need to make sure that you Force stop the Go4 App or Litchi will crash. It took me a little trial and error to figure that out.

I’m only going to install it on the IPad. The android not will ONLY have DJI go4

I’m only going to install it on the IPad. The android not will ONLY have DJI go4

Just a side note, I have NOT had Litchi crash a single time on my Android phone other than in the beginning when I forgot to force stop DJI Go4

This is good to know. I've had issues with go4 since that last update on Android and am thinking of going the Litchi route. What about the height limit on Litchi? Is it limited to 500m like go4 or is there a way around it? I wanted to roll back out of the latest go4 version but was told on another thread that it's not possible now

I’m thinking about downloading Litchi to play with. Is it completely independent from DJI go4? ...
Litchi uses some Go 4 settings. I could not run Sport mode until I loaded Go 4 and activated it.

This is good to know. I've had issues with go4 since that last update on Android and am thinking of going the Litchi route. What about the height limit on Litchi? Is it limited to 500m like go4 or is there a way around it? I wanted to roll back out of the latest go4 version but was told on another thread that it's not possible now
I have not tried changing he height limit on Litchi. I stay under 400' so it isn't an issue unless I go up to the mountains to fly where there is extreme varied terrain.

I rolled back my G04 app using APK and it worked fine but I still have crashing issues with GO4 on Android regardless of what version I use.

I'm a little confused: are we talking software crashes will void the warranty, or physical "oh $*(@ my drone just made a crater" crashes? Or both?

Not software crashes. actual crash. First thing DJI will want is logs from DJI Go4. If you are not using it, well, Who knows what they will do. My guess is they blame the NON DJI software for the wreck.

Has anyone actually had DJI refuse a warranty claim based on use of something besides DJI GO? I see a lot of conjecture, just wondering if people have had a warranty claim denied. Thanx!

Has anyone actually had DJI refuse a warranty claim based on use of something besides DJI GO? I see a lot of conjecture, just wondering if people have had a warranty claim denied. Thanx!

Good question. Litchi is using the API DJI created specifically for third party apps to be created. It's not like it's software running on a jailbreak or anything. If DJI had an issue with 3rd party apps, they wouldn't allow 3rd parties to create them to fly their drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown