DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litci POI help

Davidwh

Reactions
I have run several waypoint missions with Litchi but each time I cannot focus on the POI point successfully (ie the camera ends up either being to low or to high and not pointing directly at the POI. I would be grateful for any tips on how to set the POI altitude so the object is in the middle of the screen?

Make sure you have the latest update to Litchi. I had my auto-updates "off", so I didn't know there was a new version and this latest version fixed some blurring issues. What altitude are you giving your POI's? The default is 1m or 3'. Make sure you know how tall your POI is in real life. Give the drone enough time to "look" at it before changing views to the next waypoint. Remember, the mavic won't look above 0 degrees unless you've turned "on" the extended view where the gimbal will look up to +30 degrees.

This is one of my latest Litchi missions, I've flown dozens, actually Litchi waypoints is the only way I ever really fly my mavic.

Are you tapping the POI after you create it? There is a slider there to adjust the altitude. The altitude is based on the home point where you took off from being zero.

Reactions: jimmybbq
... also, take a look at others missions on the Litchi mission hub to see how some of those folks do it.. some have their videos posted as well so you can see their mission plan and the resulting video :)

Are you tapping the POI after you create it? There is a slider there to adjust the altitude. The altitude is based on the home point where you took off from being zero.
So if the POI is 100ft above the home point then that is what the POI altitude should be.......it's as simple as that? I have a link to a mission where the start altitude is 1316ft and the target POI (a trig point 4ft in height on a rock outcrop) at 1650ft above sea level according to Google Earth. I have tried various altitude settings for the POI but cannot figure the correct setting out
Mission Hub - Litchi

No, Litchi knows that the poi is x feet above/below home point.. BUT how tall is the waypoint? at 1m, you are going to see the bottom of the waypoint... If you were looking at a building and you wanted to see the top of the building or the middle of the building you wouldn't want to look at the bottom of the building.

How tall are those rocks? If you have a POI set on the rock itself, Litchi is thinking that you mean the ground under the rock.. I can't tell how tall those rocks are.. Your map looks okay, a little higher than I would shoot. You should post a video, so we can see what you are having a problem with.

Personally, I would set a bunch of POI's at different heights around the rock and have each waypoint looking at different POI's, keeping in mind which way the camera is swinging. You don't want it going back and forth, just a gradual swing from one POI to the next.

Reactions: Davidwh
The POI in question is a trig point and is approx 4 feet in height. Thanks for the info and to clarify things as I was barking up the wrong tree with the settings

If it's at 4', then you definitely don't want your POI altitude at 100'... set it at 2'... you could come up on your speed if you wanted. I found that as long as I keep it under around say 14 kmh I don't get jerky video.. I'm shooting at 2.7k 100iso and 50fps, using ND filters to let me get to those settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidwh
many thanks for all your tips. The next time I get the chance I will give them a try....in the mean time I did a rough cut of the best attempt (it's a bit slow so you might after to fast forward a bit). The bit I cannot understand is the sudden camera movements.

The camera movements are odd.. The RC has to remain in contact with the drone for the gimbal movements because Litchi is telling the camera what to do. If it loses contact the camera will reset to some other angle. The mission will continue but the gimbal won't track the POI's. Make sure you didn't lose contact during those times. You weren't far out but, did someting happen that contact would have dropped for a few seconds?

I wonder if DJI GO trying to start in the background could do that? I force close DJI and don't open it unless I need to make some changes through the app. Then I force close it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711