DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

live in DCA NFZ, what features on mavic air can be tested inside home

pinoy70

Reactions
hobbyist here! delivery is scheduled for today and at a crossroad after researching the difficulties of finding friendly skies 15+ or more miles away from my home to actually get the unit off the ground. aside from not being able to take off and land in the NFZ, would i be able to test camera/video, calibration, props (to make sure they work/spin), etc. to play familiarize myself with the controls and app before i actually drive a million miles away to get it in the air? anyone situational information on what i actually can do within the NFZ inside my home is appreciated. otherwise, i won't even open the box and prepare to return it. thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
hobbyist here! delivery is scheduled for today and at a crossroad after researching the difficulties of finding friendly skies 15+ or more miles away from my home to actually get the unit off the ground. aside from not being able to take off and land in the NFZ, would i be able to test camera/video, calibration, props (to make sure they work/spin), etc. to play familiarize myself with the controls and app before i actually drive a million miles away to get it in the air? anyone situational information on what i actually can do within the NFZ inside my home is appreciated. otherwise, i won't even open the box and prepare to return it. thanks!
Can you make it down past Lorton?

Can you make it down past Lorton?

yes, do you live in the NFZ and drive past lorton to fly? if so, were you able to play with all the features inside your home (except take off/hovering) including getting the props to spin while grounded to see if they work?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching and good luck .0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: pinoy70
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup
**You can look for other local flyers here - Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

yes, do you live in the NFZ and drive past lorton to fly? if so, were you able to play with all the features inside your home (except take off/hovering) including getting the props to spin while grounded to see if they work?

I'm in the 15-30 mile ring of the DC FRZ. Never attempted to start my drone in the inner ring, so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't.

If you have Facebook, look up the DC Drone Users Group.
DC Area Drone User Group

Welcome!
Just a note, If you are not familiar with piloting a drone of this nature, I would highly suggest you DO NOT attempt to fly it indoors. Take the time to get to a wide open area for your first few flights.

thanks all! it is my first drone and appreciate all the input. keeping it current with all the tutorials on youtube and what not to do.

Howdy from Wyoming @pinoy70 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Well he only asked if he could spin the props but not take off.
Because of your location, you probably won't be able to start the motors except maybe if it doesn't get a GPS lock.
You can play with everything else on it though.
You can also go into simulator mode. I forget exactly how to do that. I think it's in the academy.

thanks DanMan32! correct, i cannot start the motors because of my location. yes, i can and have played with everything else including simulator mode, but i passed on that. that fan tho! loud and never shuts off. read that it keeps it from overheating, but don't understand, cuz the props don't spin and the device just sits pretty. thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15