DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Locate Lost Drone

DrMichelson

Reactions
Suggestion for Drone Location: I always attach a "Tile" locator to my Mavic 1 Air (still the best drone!!!!). Put velcro on the bottom of the battery and on the Tile. Whichever battery is used attaches to the tile so there is an extremely loud noise from the tile when activated by your phone.

Reactions: slup
Have this for my Air 1 attached with 3M velcro on the battery... have it's own internal battery with 5h runtime, IP67, gives off a choice of different light strobe patterns which can be seen up to 3,5 miles (so good enough as a daytime strobe), detects when it's not moved for 4min. & sets off a 90db alarm & weighs 15g... require extension legs on the drone during use though.

1704299497653.png

Suggestion for Drone Location: I always attach a "Tile" locator to my Mavic 1 Air (still the best drone!!!!). Put velcro on the bottom of the battery and on the Tile. Whichever battery is used attaches to the tile so there is an extremely loud noise from the tile when activated by your phone.
Or an Airtag, but you just have to be mindful of the limitations. If you're out of Bluetooth range (maybe 200ft, maybe only a few feet, depending on conditions) then they're basically worthless. We used to have an Airtag on our dog's collar, but then she got out and was out of range of our phones and there were no other people around to piggyback a signal off of. We just got lucky that she walked up to someone who was out for a walk and heard us calling for her.

Reactions: jimlips
You could record your controller sessions, at least you have something to go back and look at which could help.

I have 128GB cards on my controllers, I know an overkill, but I can always use it on the drones if the drone fills up. Which is very unlikely since I have a 1TB on the Air 3 and a 512GB on the Mini 4 Pro. But, If I forget to put the drone SD card back after downloading, I have the 128GB on the controller to come to the rescue.

You can also upload you flight log to AirData UAV and look at your flight path and where it ended.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne