DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

long time flyer, new to Mavic

Franks my Dog

Reactions
Hi folks, I thought I should introduce myself. Wayne, from Alberta, Canada, an hour east of Banff National Park. i've been flying for 47 years...the last 25 or so I added airplanes I couldn't sit in. I started in fixed wing, went to pod & boom heli's then started building multirotors long before companies like DJI were even a twinkle in someones eye.
My first "commercial manufactured UAS was a Draganfly Innovations machine, the a Gaui 500, my first Phantom, then a couple more. a 450, then a 550, the a 1000. An Inspire when they were released but nothing after that until the Mavic.
Every time I take it out, I'm astonished by it's abilities. It's come SO far from the original gen 1 Phantom, and I'm amazed at how competitive it is in performance to the Inspire, despite being so much smaller. Love the rich feature set, and the ability to take it everywhere is somethingI've dreamed about for years; a highly capable, prosumer quality UAS small & light enough to be tossed in a day pack for impessive image quality, regardless of terrain or conditions. Looking forward to discussing it and other thngs here

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome...I own multiple DJI platforms and always find myself using my Mavic more than any of the others.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi folks, I thought I should introduce myself. Wayne, from Alberta, Canada, an hour east of Banff National Park. i've been flying for 47 years...the last 25 or so I added airplanes I couldn't sit in. I started in fixed wing, went to pod & boom heli's then started building multirotors long before companies like DJI were even a twinkle in someones eye.
My first "commercial manufactured UAS was a Draganfly Innovations machine, the a Gaui 500, my first Phantom, then a couple more. a 450, then a 550, the a 1000. An Inspire when they were released but nothing after that until the Mavic.
Every time I take it out, I'm astonished by it's abilities. It's come SO far from the original gen 1 Phantom, and I'm amazed at how competitive it is in performance to the Inspire, despite being so much smaller. Love the rich feature set, and the ability to take it everywhere is somethingI've dreamed about for years; a highly capable, prosumer quality UAS small & light enough to be tossed in a day pack for impessive image quality, regardless of terrain or conditions. Looking forward to discussing it and other thngs here
Howdy from Wyoming Franks my Dog, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots