DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking at other drones. Any opinions from people who have different kinds?

Zeoth

Reactions
I'm still really new. To be honest I've flown other people's drones a few times but I haven't had a chance to fly mine yet. I just got a Mavic pro but work had kept me a bit too busy to do anything with it. I'm curious though, is that a good place to start? I wasn't too interested in the spark or air mainly due to the shorter fly times but I started seeing deals on the Parrot Bebop 2 power that will fly for about 30 minutes per battery. I get that the overall specs are less than the Mavic Pro but it's also less than half the cost. I'd really appreciate any feedback. Am I doing good sticking with the Mavic or should I send it back?

Being a 'Mavic Pilots' forum - it's predictable what the answer is on that one! However, there are reasons why the Parrot is half the price. I've watched reviews on YouTube and seen the Parrot as less robust and not as stable in the air. I started on a C-Fly 'clone' of the Mavic Pro which did a classic fly-away the first time i pressed RTH. It ended 20m up a tree and took a week to get it down. The gimbal damage meant I'd have to spend what it cost for the drone to buy spares ... I boxed it and put it in my loft and saved up for a Mavic Pro and have no regrets except that cash I paid for the C-Fly should have gone toward the Mavic in the first place!

Actually fly your MP--you will like it.
Take pics and videos and you will be amazed.
A friend has a Parrot and also swears by it. He sold me my Mavic Pro and bought a Parrot Anafi. He loves his new drone.
Simba

I'm still really new. To be honest I've flown other people's drones a few times but I haven't had a chance to fly mine yet. I just got a Mavic pro but work had kept me a bit too busy to do anything with it. I'm curious though, is that a good place to start? I wasn't too interested in the spark or air mainly due to the shorter fly times but I started seeing deals on the Parrot Bebop 2 power that will fly for about 30 minutes per battery. I get that the overall specs are less than the Mavic Pro but it's also less than half the cost. I'd really appreciate any feedback. Am I doing good sticking with the Mavic or should I send it back?

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the DJI mavic series but I’m being very bias for some reason.... please remember that Dji are the best products (drones) to buy. It also depends on what you want to use it for.

The new M2P/Z also have a flight time of 31 minutes well that’s what Dji are telling us so it’s on par with the parrot bebop 2.

If you’ve got multi batteries for your Mavic Pro you can also spend more time in the air, I don’t think anyone uses just one battery to fly.

It’s your decision at the end of the day but you can’t go wrong with what you’ve got.Thumbswayup

I know you didnt ask about the Yuneec Typhoon H, and this is a Mavic group, but did you look at the Yuneec Typhoon H? My first prosumer drone was a Yuneec Typhoon H. I also own a Mavic Air and a Mavic 2 Zoom. They each have upsides over the others as well as their downsides. The biggest advantage that the Typhoon has over the Mavics is its following/watching capability. It is by far the best of my three for doing that and the Mavics cannot even compare, even with the new Active Track 2.0. However, the thing is pretty big and traveling or taking it with you on a hike or whatever is a pain. Plus the range is not nearly as good as the M2 Zoom. I have been using my Typhoon H lately for following me on my Can Am Spyder. Check out some of my videos here:

There is no way the Mavics could do that as good as the Typhoon H, but there are also plenty of things that the Mavics do that are better than the Typhoon H.

If I had to choose one over the other, it would be a difficult decision, but would probably go with the M2. However, with the cost of the Typhoon H going down (you can find it for $749 without the Intel Real Sense) and knowing what I know about the two of them, that decision would be a more difficult one to make.

Just fly! :)

Reactions: Phill and Porky
'm still really new. To be honest I've flown other people's drones a few times but I haven't had a chance to fly mine yet. I just got a Mavic pro but work had kept me a bit too busy to do anything with it. I'm curious though, is that a good place to start? I wasn't too interested in the spark or air mainly due to the shorter fly times but I started seeing deals on the Parrot Bebop 2 power that will fly for about 30 minutes per battery. I get that the overall specs are less than the Mavic Pro but it's also less than half the cost. I'd really appreciate any feedback. Am I doing good sticking with the Mavic or should I send it back?
In the end, it really depends on what you intend to use your drone for and what are your flight priorities? For me, the Mavic Pro is the ideal drone. I bought it with the 'Fly More' combo and I couldn't really ask for anything better. It fits into a small bag that I can just sling over my shoulder and take anywhere. With 3 batteries, that is getting on for an hours worth of flight time. However, I'm not brand loyal and do own a Yuneec Q500 and a Yuneec Typhoon H. All the drones I have are better or worse at some aspects of flight V's ease of use. The Typhoon H also comes with a nice back-pack and with 3 batteries you're looking at around 45 minutes of flight time. But the back-pack is a proper back-pack, it is a lot bigger and heavier to carry around than my Mavic Pro's shoulder bag. I love all the drones I have for different reasons, if you just want to pick one, what are your priorities? For me, if I had to pick just one, the Mavic Pro would just edge it I think.......

Reactions: Phill
I finally got to fly my Mavic Pro and it was great when it worked. It was a lot of fun and I got a few decent pictures. Though I could definitely use some practice. I seem to have constant connection issues though. It took nearly an hour to get it to connect the first time and as soon as I turned it off to actually go outside I had to start the process over. I still don't think I have it figured out right. 3 times when I was flying it just dropped the connection to my phone and I couldn't see what the camera was seeing. Unfortunately that was the first time I had decided to get just a little adventurous and while I could see it still it was pretty fast away and fairly high. Fortunately the connection to the controller itself seems rock solid. I'm sorry to keep asking for help but does anybody have any recommendations? Today was fun but it would have been more fun if I hadn't spent half the time on setup.

I know you didnt ask about the Yuneec Typhoon H, and this is a Mavic group, but did you look at the Yuneec Typhoon H? My first prosumer drone was a Yuneec Typhoon H. I also own a Mavic Air and a Mavic 2 Zoom. They each have upsides over the others as well as their downsides. The biggest advantage that the Typhoon has over the Mavics is its following/watching capability. It is by far the best of my three for doing that and the Mavics cannot even compare, even with the new Active Track 2.0. However, the thing is pretty big and traveling or taking it with you on a hike or whatever is a pain. Plus the range is not nearly as good as the M2 Zoom. I have been using my Typhoon H lately for following me on my Can Am Spyder. Check out some of my videos here:

There is no way the Mavics could do that as good as the Typhoon H, but there are also plenty of things that the Mavics do that are better than the Typhoon H.

If I had to choose one over the other, it would be a difficult decision, but would probably go with the M2. However, with the cost of the Typhoon H going down (you can find it for $749 without the Intel Real Sense) and knowing what I know about the two of them, that decision would be a more difficult one to make.
I did look into the Yuneec drones and I definitely liked them but it was the form factor that made up my mind. I was looking for something smaller that I could put in a bag and just take with me wherever I go. At the time I bought it the Mavic Pro was the only one I thought would work. It was just that right spot between quality and convenience. There was only one or two others I had really considered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2