DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking at used DJI Goggles today. What should I test for before buying?

TLA

Reactions
Later this afternoon I'll be looking at a used set of DJI goggles. I'm an experienced racing quad and Mavic pilot but I have zero experience with these goggles. Besides connecting my Mavic to the goggles and making sure the image shows up, what specifically should I be testing? Thanks.

Later this afternoon I'll be looking at a used set of DJI goggles. I'm an experienced racing quad and Mavic pilot but I have zero experience with these goggles. Besides connecting my Mavic to the goggles and making sure the image shows up, what specifically should I be testing? Thanks.
I would download the owners manual (DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography) and look through it to make sure all the functions work and check the trouble shooting guide for common problems. Good Luck. Also make sure you are happy with the video, some people need reading glasses to focus that close (maybe bring some different power reading glasses with you?)

Make sure your head is shaped like a butternut pumpkin and they should fit okay, otherwise wrap a table cloth around your head after 'fitting' them and that should stop most of the leaking light.

Make sure your head is shaped like a butternut pumpkin and they should fit okay, otherwise wrap a table cloth around your head after 'fitting' them and that should stop most of the leaking light.

I don't know if you are serious or joking, either way you made me laugh.

Unfortunately the deal fell through. I drove 100km and got stuck in traffic, the seller couldn't wait and pulled out of the deal. I was not happy. So I'm still looking for a set of reasonably priced goggles.

I'm no stranger to light leaking. I've applied extra foam and electrical tape to my Skyzone goggles to eliminate it. Not exactly pretty but it works. From the pictures and videos I've seen of the DJI Goggles I imagine light leakage could be a problem.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
he is not kidding about the light getting in ,very bad , if you don't have a very round head.

test for fit, leak light a lot , the adjustable strap is too rigid to form correctly to grip your head in the back.

No one has mentioned focus distance yet... If you can't focus on tiny text a foot int front of your face.. you may be looking at getting reading glasses to use them..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope