DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a liability insurance - Travelling in Switzerland

nikoolasss11

Reactions
Hi all,

Next week I am travelling to Switzerland and liability insurance is required. I am looking for days for an insurance company to cover me but it seems that there is nothing in my country that covers drones (i am from Cyprus).

Does anyone of you know any way to get an insurance (even a temporary one), in order to take my drone on the trip with me?

I have tried to sign up for an app insurance like Getsafe or Flock, but they all require a German or English address.

I would appreciate it if someone can provide a solution! :)

Thank you.

I have liability insurance thru my membership in the Academy of Model Aviation. I think this insurance covers you worldwide, but I 'm not sure. I'm also not sure you're covered if you are flying commercially under part 107. You might check it out.

I have liability insurance thru my membership in the Academy of Model Aviation. I think this insurance covers you worldwide, but I 'm not sure. I'm also not sure you're covered if you are flying commercially under part 107. You might check it out.

Do you know if it possible to get a membership even though I live in a different country?

I emailed them.

They do not cover outside the US.

They suggested I contact "national aero club or aeromodelling organization of the country you are visiting and inquiry about any local membership options"

BTW, as far as I can determine, big global carriers like AIG and Allianz offer policies for commercial drone use, not for recreational fliers. So I don't understand these countries requiring liability insurance from tourists.

But some countries even demand proof of registration with their aircraft regulation authority as well. We can't put a **** sticker for every country that wants you to register the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne