DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a little advice on iPad

Krvelasco

Reactions
Good afternoon everyone. I've been flying my mavic 2 Pro and my phantom 4 Pro commercially with an iPad mini 2. It's obviously an older iPad mini but it seems to work very well. But we are now starting to get into some more advanced missions involving some mapping and some inspection work. We're looking to upgrade to a new iPad I've looked at the new iPad minis but I'm having thoughts about going to a full-size iPad. Please give recommendations for the best iPad to use. Trying not to spend a ton of money. LOL thank you

Good afternoon everyone. I've been flying my mavic 2 Pro and my phantom 4 Pro commercially with an iPad mini 2. It's obviously an older iPad mini but it seems to work very well. But we are now starting to get into some more advanced missions involving some mapping and some inspection work. We're looking to upgrade to a new iPad I've looked at the new iPad minis but I'm having thoughts about going to a full-size iPad. Please give recommendations for the best iPad to use. Trying not to spend a ton of money. LOL thank you

Would recommend the recently released iPad Mini - latest tech and a brighter screen. It will also fit into the jaws of the RC - no add-on tablet holder required.

Let me first say I buy all my iPads from GameStop Refurbished. I've bought a Mini 4 and iPad Pro. Love them both, they look new and operate perfect. Best of all you can upgrade to top of the line for storage with cell for much le$$. I recommend making sure they're cell capable so you get the built-in GPS.
I run an iPad Pro 9.7" with a PGYTECH sunshield for my MAVs and P4Pv2 ... Love the extra screen size. I have 6 batteries for the P4 so a smaller harness won't do if your flying for almost 3 hours so I added this. Everyone's probably going to flame me for it but trust me it works for long shoots. You can find it on eBay for a lot less.
Amazon.com: Pgytech Drone controller carrier RC remote control support Shoulder Holder Phantom 2 3 4 inspire 1 Futaba ronin M Accessories: Gateway
I bought a MavMount for my MavAir and M2P ... awesome.

I'll second the Mavmount - love mine.

Milo187 - I won't bust your chops for wearing the bondage harness. If that's what your into who am I to judge. lol

Reactions: Milo187
LOL ... exactly what my wife says! Embarrassing but functional. ;)

When I first got it a buddy of mine said these are adapted from marching band drum harnesses. Those guys don't get the girls either!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky