DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a stable and (not so) long range signal - CE version -

Hi everyone,

i'm new and I bought the Mavic Mini last week.

First of all i have to say that is amazing! A thing so small and light that can handle wind and distance...maybe because this is my first "real" drone, before that i piloted an Eachine mini drone but it was without gps and without camera so the flight experience was completly different.

So I wrote here because after a few flights I notice that sometimes happens problems with comunication and when "signal lost" appears on my iPhone i feel my heart puming so fast, hoping that all thing go well (remembering me that is not a cheap drone!).

So after some researches on web (and I also found this amazing forum) I understand the problems and the limits of the CE product vs FCC.

Because i have a CE drone and I'm not interested to buy a new FCC one, I have arrived at two conclusions to boost the signal of a ce version, in addition to ce-->fcc switch using fakegps (that doesn't boost the signal as much as the FCC version):

- using a FCC radio with my CE mavic mini drone; if I buy an FCC radio than I can use it with my CE drone?

- mod my CE radio, installing an external antenna like this in photo (not the alientech that costs as much as the drone but something like this, 16 DBi 2,4/5,8Ghz on sale around 50$)

What do you suggest?

My intent is not to go over 10km of range but have a stable signal in a range of 1,5KM - 2KM disance and 100Mt high

16DBI-2-4-5-8GHz-Circular-spolaryzowana-antena-WiFi-wzmacniacz-zasi-gu-sygna-u-dla-DJI.jpg
If you need a good mod for the drone check on DJI Mavic 2 Long Range modification
I have modified my Mavic 2 and can fly 3,5 km in the city centre, siting in the car with my RC
well that mod was not a cheap one...

I have a pair of yagi antennas but I have not used them yet and when the wind is blowing too hard I don’t fly

But welcome to the forum [emoji106][emoji846][emoji927]

The Parayagi will give you the best range and strongest signal. They work right out of the box because they're designed to. Google us!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78