DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a stable and (not so) long range signal - CE version -

Hi everyone,

i'm new and I bought the Mavic Mini last week.

First of all i have to say that is amazing! A thing so small and light that can handle wind and distance...maybe because this is my first "real" drone, before that i piloted an Eachine mini drone but it was without gps and without camera so the flight experience was completly different.

So I wrote here because after a few flights I notice that sometimes happens problems with comunication and when "signal lost" appears on my iPhone i feel my heart puming so fast, hoping that all thing go well (remembering me that is not a cheap drone!).

So after some researches on web (and I also found this amazing forum) I understand the problems and the limits of the CE product vs FCC.

Because i have a CE drone and I'm not interested to buy a new FCC one, I have arrived at two conclusions to boost the signal of a ce version, in addition to ce-->fcc switch using fakegps (that doesn't boost the signal as much as the FCC version):

- using a FCC radio with my CE mavic mini drone; if I buy an FCC radio than I can use it with my CE drone?

- mod my CE radio, installing an external antenna like this in photo (not the alientech that costs as much as the drone but something like this, 16 DBi 2,4/5,8Ghz on sale around 50$)

What do you suggest?

My intent is not to go over 10km of range but have a stable signal in a range of 1,5KM - 2KM disance and 100Mt high

16DBI-2-4-5-8GHz-Circular-spolaryzowana-antena-WiFi-wzmacniacz-zasi-gu-sygna-u-dla-DJI.jpg
If you need a good mod for the drone check on DJI Mavic 2 Long Range modification
I have modified my Mavic 2 and can fly 3,5 km in the city centre, siting in the car with my RC
well that mod was not a cheap one...

I have a pair of yagi antennas but I have not used them yet and when the wind is blowing too hard I don’t fly

But welcome to the forum [emoji106][emoji846][emoji927]

The Parayagi will give you the best range and strongest signal. They work right out of the box because they're designed to. Google us!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J