DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a US Mavic Pilot

darren6270

Reactions
Hi guys,
Looking for a Mavic Pilot who resides in the United States to assist in reviewing a portable Mavic charging unit for a company called Smatree. I have reviewed a number of Items for them in the UK but they are looking for some US feedback.
If you are interested please contact Bella Chan via her Facebook page

Security Check Required

I am not affiliated with the company, just trying to do a favour. Looks an interesting product.

I can however vouch for them being good guys with great products.

Many thanks

Reactions: TerryJ
Not sure what that Security Check Link is, I posted her Facebook address, hopefully admin can edit one approved.
Many thanks

Just a caution: I contacted them through the link above and they wanted to charge my PayPal account first with a promise to refund me the unspecified cost later. Seems like a scam to me.

Reactions: Regulator247
Just a caution: I contacted them through the link above and they wanted to charge my PayPal account first with a promise to refund me the unspecified cost later. Seems like a scam to me.
It's not a scam, they are a very reputable company. They ask you to buy the item via Amazon, then as soon as you post your review and send them the link they will refund you the total cost via Paypal. I have dealt with them numerous times for many years and have never had an issue. It's a great opportunity to get free stuff just for leaving an honest review. If it's not for you then don't worry, I am sure others will jump at the chance.

I'd volunteer, however, the condition is that either you enter your PayPal account, or they do not charge me anything.

I am a professional software test engineer (test software and hardware - history in testing Xbox Kinect hardware and Xbox one hardware) and I am currently traveling the USA in my custom outfitted 4Runner. Portable charger for my mavic would be heavily used by me. I've traveled Baja MX, Europe, and now the USA.

PM me on here if you want to talk more.

It's not a scam, they are a very reputable company. They ask you to buy the item via Amazon, then as soon as you post your review and send them the link they will refund you the total cost via Paypal. I have dealt with them numerous times for many years and have never had an issue. It's a great opportunity to get free stuff just for leaving an honest review. If it's not for you then don't worry, I am sure others will jump at the chance.
What if you don't like the product and post a bad review. I doubt they will be so quick to refund your money.

I hate companies that flood the market with these fake "reviews".

FYI, you can check how many "paid" reviews an Amazon item has at fakespot.com

You put in the item URL and it spits out a grade based on fake / paid / free reviews

What if you don't like the product and post a bad review. I doubt they will be so quick to refund your money.

You put in the item URL and it spits out a grade based on fake / paid / free reviews

How on earth can it tell? I review stuff I get from Amazon all the time, especially if I like it. Doesn't mean I was paid to provide the review.

Actually I did receive a product to review and I didn't like it. I told them and they pulled the product and made changes. I have also previously posted negative reviews on Amazon for their products and still been reimbursed. its obviously not for you so don't worry.

Actually I did receive a product to review and I didn't like it. I told them and they pulled the product and made changes. I have also previously posted negative reviews on Amazon for their products and still been reimbursed. its obviously not for you so don't worry.

I would worry less if they sent me an Amazon gift card up front to use for the purchase. ;)

Reactions: Maxheadspace
Yeah, this is a scam. The layout is exactly like a job application scam a friend of mine fell victim to not long ago. Basically they claim they need your info and PayPal account as a “security check” to prove who you are, then steal your money and identity.

Let’s be honest, if a large reputable company wanted to give away free product in the USA, it wouldn’t be difficult.

Hopefully the admins delete this thread.

Reactions: macoman
How on earth can it tell? I review stuff I get from Amazon all the time, especially if I like it. Doesn't mean I was paid to provide the review.
It checks several things. If all the good reviews come in spurts, from the same people and use similar language. It's pretty easy for it to spot the patterns associated with fraudulent reviews.

Pretend you are in Las Vegas, and you get roll the dice......

What are your odds........

I wouldn't do it....

Hi guys,
Looking for a Mavic Pilot who resides in the United States to assist in reviewing a portable Mavic charging unit for a company called Smatree. I have reviewed a number of Items for them in the UK but they are looking for some US feedback.
If you are interested please contact Bella Chan via her Facebook page

Security Check Required

I am not affiliated with the company, just trying to do a favour. Looks an interesting product.

I can however vouch for them being good guys with great products.

Many thanks

I have been using Smatree. I have the GoPro case with powerbank and the charging hub for my Mavic Pro which got soaked in the water because of my irresponsible neighbor. I have a thread "Water Damage at Home".

I have been informed that a member from here ( or another forum I posted the same post) has made contact, posted a review and successfully received payment. I have just received payment from Smatree for their GoPro Fusion battery pack and multi charger. They are not a scam company, look at their product line and how many products they sell. It would be ridiculous to think they would risk all this just to rip off one or two people. They are genuinely looking for people to review and test, they work with their customers and in my opinion this should be applauded.
But loving the really angry THIS IS A SCAM genius posts ha ha. You haters must be content with the excellent DJI customer service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark