DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for free video editing software that can crop

JY-tek

Reactions
I'm not sure it really exists, but just wondering if there is any video editing applications that can crop, and not cost (or not cost much). I don't do very much video so I don't want to spend much, or anything on software that won't be used hardly ever. But, right now I have a video that I need to crop down. Suggestions??

I'll be watching this thread. My new M2Z shows up on Tuesday.

The one I use is VSDC. HERE is a link to their free download and HERE is a link to see how to crop with it

The one I use is VSDC. HERE is a link to their free download and HERE is a link to see how to crop with it

I tried this one and it looks like it crops just fine, but I can't see how to save the cropped file to computer. I am just using the free version. Do I have to purchase it in order to save the changed video file??

I tried this one and it looks like it crops just fine, but I can't see how to save the cropped file to computer. I am just using the free version. Do I have to purchase it in order to save the changed video file??
Once you’re done cropping the video borders, proceed to the Export project tab (top menu) and choose the required format. Use the preview button to make sure that the output video only contains the part you’ve defined, and the aspect ratio is correct. Note that video quality, resolution, its width, and height can be changed if you choose to edit the export profile. If everything looks the way you want, simply click “Export project” to save the file to your PC.

Yup, no need to spend too much on the tool, especially for a basic cropping feature.
I used to crop with Mac built-in editor iMovie. You can crop by dragging the box intuitively.
But it crops videos at a fixed aspect ratio 16:9.

I searched online and many online cropping tools top at the results, but they all have size limitations that are not friendly to a UHD drone video.

Finally, I found an ultimate review of video editors that can crop easily, and now back to desktop software macxvideo, lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78