DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for input on a quad/drone game I'm making

mrwagdog

Reactions
Hey all,

I've working on this off and on for a couple of years. It's a drone "game", and sort of a trainer for new pilots. The idea isn't to be an accurate sim, rather something people can play around with and learn the controls of a drone before actually flying a real one. Presently the game is being used by a club to let new pilots get a feel for the controls of a drone.

It runs on PC and uses an Xbox controller. I might add an interface for "real" RC controllers in the future, but that's not a priority.

What I'm looking for are any ideas for gameplay. Right now I can create levels with checkpoints. There is no checking if you actually go through the checkpoints, nor is there a finish/game over of any sort. I have a + sign level which gives you practice flying with the quad oriented in different orientations. There are three quads in the game and three views (chase, FPV, and stationary).

So, here's what I'm asking: if you have some ideas on what you might like to see in a game (emphasis on game here, not looking to make a sim), please let me know here, or on the comments for the linked video. When I have something useful, I'll be releasing it for free. Thanks for any input.

1581987090919.png

Video

Consider adding a series of elements that can cause magnetic Interference to add some spice to the game, which will both offer some game play as well as learning about how the elements at take off can decide your fate.

Make Weather Elements another part of the game as they influence your flight with both high winds, rain and camera flipping up and down which can lead to some critical landing skills if you do not have vlos.

I would also include places where the drone can be remote landed using the visual which can be very tricky as you land on a boat or ramp close to the water which would be game over.

I would also have timed events that had to be completed before the battery runs out and back into the water. maybe add a few kamikaze sea gulls to add to the game play of missions.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the RAIN !
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmund
Consider adding a series of elements that can cause magnetic Interference to add some spice to the game, which will both offer some game play as well as learning about how the elements at take off can decide your fate.

Make Weather Elements another part of the game as they influence your flight with both high winds, rain and camera flipping up and down which can lead to some critical landing skills if you do not have vlos.

I would also include places where the drone can be remote landed using the visual which can be very tricky as you land on a boat or ramp close to the water which would be game over.

I would also have timed events that had to be completed before the battery runs out and back into the water. maybe add a few kamikaze sea gulls to add to the game play of missions.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the RAIN !
Coal
Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions. Weather might be doable and remote landing certainly is. Not sure about magnetic interference, but I'll keep it on the list. Timed events and battery considerations are certainly something I can get in there as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada