DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for recommendations for portable external storage

Curious you asking a drone site for a external storage device. You might be better served on a computer tech site.

From my research, the SSD drives are the preferred "new" but expensive option. Portable and no mechanical parts to fail.

SSD has some issues with constant rewrites, but within anyone who does normal computer work, it should never be an issue.

The new Samsung T5 is considered one of the best. Each generation improves regarding read write and durability and speed. It is a 3.1 USB drive, but only 250gb at about $100-125 on sale.

You can get a 6TB drive, but is will be mechanical and has the issues with durability with a drop or impact.

I have the Samsung T5. I can only vouch for that one. It is geat.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Curious you asking a drone site for a external storage device. You might be better served on a computer tech site.

From my research, the SSD drives are the preferred "new" but expensive option. Portable and no mechanical parts to fail.

SSD has some issues with constant rewrites, but within anyone who does normal computer work, it should never be an issue.

The new Samsung T5 is considered one of the best. Each generation improves regarding read write and durability and speed. It is a 3.1 USB drive, but only 250gb at about $100-125 on sale.

You can get a 6TB drive, but is will be mechanical and has the issues with durability with a drop or impact.

I have the Samsung T5. I can only vouch for that one. It is geat.
Thank you for the reply, I'd love the 4TB T5, however cost constraints prevent it, and I noticed a huge price jump from USB 3.0 to 3.1 devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake