DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some recommended USB cables

Droning on and on...

Reactions
Hi all,

Thought I'd share some recommendations for USB C cables that I'm really happy with.

First, an incredibly flexible "noodle wire"-like cable. If you get frustrated and annoyed with stiff cables that have strong "bend memory", especially irritating when trying to connect to something small and lightweight, you need this cable.

Made by Belkin, I originally sought this cable to deal with the requirement to have the FPV goggles tethered to a smartphone in order to comply with RID. I always buy 100W rated cables, so the typical cable is stiff and kinked or curly, tugging on the goggles while wearing them any time you move you head.

These completely solve the problem! Here's the link: Silicone USB-C Cable, Fast Charge, 30x More Durable | Belkin | Belkin: US . Started with one, now I have 3. Expensive, but worth every penny where it's needed.

For the engineer / gadget geek that loves near useless gadgets 'cause they're cool, we have the USB C power display cable. Problem is, they all seem to be based on a cheap design that is wildly inaccurate, the higher the power draw, the worse the error. So don't waste your money on brand Modi, and a bunch of others.

With one exception I've found, WOTOBE US 😍

These are accurate +/–1 watt up to their 100W capacity. I started with a six footer, was very happy with it so got another  and also a 10 footer, and am very happy with all 3, all accurate.

Finally, if power display is not enough, there's the j5Create cable. It auto rotates voltage, current, power, accumulated charge (mAh) and charge duration. It is very accurate. It is also ridiculously expensive. Yet, I got one.... you know, tech geek. Get it at Amazon... this one deserves an image:

Screenshot_20230220_080126_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Hauptmann
You might want to look into the Magfast Lux Cable. It may be too long but it is very well made and very supple. It comes with a USB - C to USB A converter attachment. They also offer a USB to Apple cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope