DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Review on DJI Wet Suits created by paid advertiser on this website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisOutdoors

Reactions
The majority of my flights are outdoors and my UAS is often used as a tool to support my other hobbies, my MVPP is almost always packed with me but not always flown due to bad weather. Browsing around this forum I saw the add for wetsuits (the vendor is a forum member); in particular these guys: Phantomrain

I did a search for "Wet Suits" and nothing came up.

I'm looking for reviews from anyone here who's used this product in the rain/snow/fog etc. Not to be rude but I'm only interested in reviews from people who have used this product as it was intended, bad weather.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
The majority of my flights are outdoors and my UAS is often used as a tool to support my other hobbies, my MVPP is almost always packed with me but not always flown due to bad weather. Browsing around this forum I saw the add for wetsuits (the vendor is a forum member); in particular these guys: Phantomrain

I did a search for "Wet Suits" and nothing came up.

I'm looking for reviews from anyone here who's used this product in the rain/snow/fog etc. Not to be rude but I'm only interested in reviews from people who have used this product as it was intended, bad weather.

Thanks!

If for some reason your not able to get on the website; here is the most recent testimonial sent it from a client in ireland who done some 350 flights with his Phantom Rain Mavic Wet Suit. Thank your for your Interest.

Thanks for your post Phantom! For me though, long time posters, with no relationship to a product other than being a customer, with a good record mean much more than anything the seller can provide. It's nothing personal, just the world we live in.

This is the world I live in, 20 tornados this last month and tonight we were in another watch. Neighbors knocked on my door and asked if I was going up.
Permiter check did everyone good . Little nervous with the Neighbors watching me as Im taking pictures instead of recording at first.

It was like the fourth of july but spooky. It yet another flight in and out of the storm. :}

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronage
Can you post photos of all angles of a MPP with the wetsuit on? I want to see what you do to protect all parts of the UAS. I'm concerned about water intrusion during high speed flight. I noticed your videos you keep the UAS hovering or at slow speed, got any moving fast in bad weather?

Can you post photos of all angles of a MPP with the wetsuit on? I want to see what you do to protect all parts of the UAS. I'm concerned about water intrusion during high speed flight. I noticed your videos you keep the UAS hovering or at slow speed, got any moving fast in bad weather?

Thank you for the interest , we have some sport mode videos of the Mavic Flying in the rain but if you understood your Mavic better you would realize really quick that the hover mode is bar none the most crippling to the Mavic and the Phantom.

Keep in mind that we did not really make the Wet Suit for the hobbyist but more so for the those that need to be able to fly every day , those that make money with there drone or those looking for some adventure.

Sometime its best to have the light bulb moment when you hover in a nice pouring rain for about 3 minutes and see those lights go red and the battery compartment has a puddle. Best to hover very close to the ground when testing that..

So sport mode, its hard to film, as it just fades away but I got it. ...I still think that light bulb moment is priceless.

Dont be tripping on the water on the lens, I was not paying attention to the camera , just flying around in circles for those sport mode viewers.

Last edited:
Reactions: GGehret

Now when it comes to finding angles of the Wet Suit and Flying in sport mode this is not to bad chris.

Reactions: Dronage
I use my UAS as a tool, not a toy. Videos of the MPP in flight in rain and some photos please and I'll gladly try your product. Ty for responding!

If being well informed on a product means being a hard customer, then I suppose I am!

I'm also interested in your product, but I would assume you need to cover each battery and on your website there is no option listed for additional battery covers. Most of us have more than one battery, it would be nice to add the option of buying additional battery covers. I know this is a bit off the subject.

I'm also interested in your product, but I would assume you need to cover each battery and on your website there is no option listed for additional battery covers. Most of us have more than one battery, it would be nice to add the option of buying additional battery covers. I know this is a bit off the subject.

The Units come with 3 Battery Covers for all forum members , and you can buy additional battery covers after purchase.
Email me at [email protected] Thank you

This isn’t much of a review per se as opposed to two observations.

Without wetsuit: I was flying in Hudson Valley. It started spitting rain and within seconds deluge. I sight of my bird. I hit return home. I. Lost video transmission. I thought she a goner. 45 seconds later the familiar buzz of my bird on final approach then the undercarriage LED popped on boom. She fought to get home and made it.

Wetsuit on: I lifted off in a deluge. Flew for about 30 sec, came home, no problem.

Anyway O probably got lucky. The wetsuit does 2 things from what I can tell. It changes the air flow around vents and it seals the battery compartment. The propellers seem to be a mitigator of water causing problems, but again I got lucky. I can’t even say for sure how hard to was raining on the way back in the one instance. I had red and green strobes facing rearward and white anti collision on top because it was overcast. I have 2 Mavic Zoom birds. One with a wetsuit one without.

Long story on that.

Without wetsuit: I was flying in Hudson Valley. It started spitting rain and within seconds deluge. I sight of my bird. I hit return home. I. Lost video transmission. I thought she a goner. 45 seconds later the familiar buzz of my bird on final approach then the undercarriage LED popped on boom. She fought to get home and made it.

Wetsuit on: I lifted off in a deluge. Flew for about 30 sec, came home, no problem.

Anyway O probably got lucky. The wetsuit does 2 things from what I can tell. It changes the air flow around vents and it seals the battery compartment. The propellers seem to be a mitigator of water causing problems, but again I got lucky. I can’t even say for sure how hard to was raining on the way back in the one instance. I had red and green strobes facing rearward and white anti collision on top because it was overcast. I have 2 Mavic Zoom birds. One with a wetsuit one without.

Long story on that.

Ty for that, sounds like the wet suit doesn't give you an open pass to fly in the rain, bummer.

Ty for that, sounds like the wet suit doesn't give you an open pass to fly in the rain, bummer.

Long story on that.

Sound like an open pass to fly in the rain with a Wet Suit , Once he gains some confidence , he will pass that 30 second limit , Thank you.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
There you are, Phantom. Would love to see photos on all sides of a Mavic with wet suit. A video with the MPP moving at high speed, in the rain, would seal the deal. Balls in your court my man, moneys in hand.

There you are, Phantom. Would love to see photos on all sides of a Mavic with wet suit. A video with the MPP moving at high speed, in the rain, would seal the deal. Balls in your court my man, moneys in hand.

Chris did you happen to read Post #8 and watch the video? It showed one from multiple angles/views which is even better than what you asked for bud.

Chris did you happen to read Post #8 and watch the video? It showed one from multiple angles/views which is even better than what you asked for bud.

Fair point watched the video, do you limit your speed while flying to prevent water intrusion?
What limitations have you noticed when applying the suit? Do you air out the UAS after a wet flight?
Does the suit come on/off easily or is it permanent once on?
I fly with the FCC boost mode, generates a little more heat, does the suit keep the MPP any warmer?
I have 4 batteries and a mavic what would be the total for that?
Any water noticed in the exhaust ports or vision sensors?

Ty!

OK Chris buy a suit or not but this is gonna stop and stop now . You have had this vender tell you what he could
and thats all the info the members here seem to want to share with you .
Want to pursue this anymore message me or Admin .

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21