DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for suggestions

slimcobra

Reactions
In mid June my wife bought me a new battery for my Mavic Pro. To make a long story short because of a major shake up in our lives I didn't open the box until August 1st nor did the receipt get saved. When I did finally open the box the battery was swollen, would not turn on and would not take a charge. I contacted DJI and they said unless I had proof of purchase they would not warranty the battery. DJI gets all my flight data and the rep even said he could see that the serial number on the battery had never been activated and there was nothing more he could do. Any suggestions?

any chance your wife could get a replacement receipt from the vendor to send to dji

Reactions: Thomas B
About your only option is to contact the retailer where your wife bought the battery and see if they can print out a duplicate receipt. That should be possible if she bought it with a credit or debit card.

About your only option is to contact the retailer where your wife bought the battery and see if they can print out a duplicate receipt. That should be possible if she bought it with a credit or debit card.
great minds think alike

Yeah I thought about that. She bought it at a Target so I called them and they said they would need to know the day and time. I'm gonna ask my wife and she if she can remember. I thought about faking one.

probably not a good idea to fake one could backfire on you just a thought

Reactions: WAXMAN and Thomas B
Yeah I thought about that. She bought it at a Target so I called them and they said they would need to know the day and time. I'm gonna ask my wife and she if she can remember. I thought about faking one.
If it was bought on a card you can also look through your bank statements online. Those typically go back at least two years. That would give you the exact date.

If it was bought on a card you can also look through your bank statements online. Those typically go back at least two years. That would give you the exact date.
That was my first thought reading through the thread. Was the battery purchased alone or were other items purchased on that same transaction?

Reactions: Carb63
Im not implying anything here but only telling what someone told me what he did to resolve this same issue he went through. I don't have courage to do so myself.

He got the new battery just like our friend here but checking shortly after 30 days past (so he said) to know it wasn't working.

Knowing (assuming) he would have issues replacing it because it past 30 days, he went back to the store, bought a new one, replaced the bad battery in the box and brought it back to the store a day later with the new receipt.

I just can't remember if he replaced and kept both new batteries or if he asked for the money back on the return.

Im not implying anything here but only telling what someone told me what he did to resolve this same issue he went through. I don't have courage to do so myself.

He got the new battery just like our friend here but checking shortly after 30 days past (so he said) to know it wasn't working.

Knowing (assuming) he would have issues replacing it because it past 30 days, he went back to the store, bought a new one, replaced the bad battery in the box and brought it back to the store a day later with the new receipt.

I just can't remember if he replaced and kept both new batteries or if he asked for the money back on the return.
I heard about someone who did that too!!

That might work as long as the box does not have a matching serial number to the actual battery inside.

Target can lookup purchases made with a credit or debit card. As long as it wasn't bought with cash, I would expect them to be able to do so for you. If you bring them the purchase card and battery, they can scan for both to look it up.

You could buy another one at Target, (be sure to save the receipt) just don't get the batteries mixed up in case you have to return the new one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope