DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking into purchasing a Mavic pro but have some questions

Robuk

Reactions
Hi all new to the forum from the UK. As a former inspire one owner I'm now looking at purchasing a mavic pro which would be better suited for my needs been smaller and more convenient.

I have afew questions before i commit:

Will the U.K models range be restricted compared to the US model? I read somewhere the that the EU models don't fly as far? However on quadcopters.co.uk it states 4.3mile range. Little confused here.

If the UK models range is restricted I may have to import a US model. However I understand that you guys are limited to 400ft altitude. Is this restriction in the DJI pilot App when flying?

Can this be changed to 500m which I was used to with my inspire one? Way too high I know but the option is there if required.

Are any new batteries coming out that improve flight times? The inspire one had some so wondering if the mavic will too. After watching afew videos these seem to be getting around 21mins max flight time.

Does this drone come with an SD card for recording video / photos.

Will the U.K models range be restricted compared to the US model? I read somewhere the that the EU models don't fly as far? However on quadcopters.co.uk it states 4.3mile range.
All Mavics are the same. Per the Mavic specs, you can fly 4.3 miles in FCC mode or 2.5 miles in CE mode. The mode is auto selected based on the Mavic's current location. There is no way to manually change between FCC and CE mode.

I understand that you guys are limited to 400ft altitude. Is this restriction in the DJI pilot App when flying?
The Mavic can fly up to 500 meters above the take off point. It's up to the pilot to follow the 400 foot rule/recommendation.

Does this drone come with an SD card for recording video / photos.
It comes with a 16GB memory card. You can see what else comes in the box here.

Reactions: martano
Started to start a new thread and saw this one matched what I was going to title.
I'm a phantom pilot since 2013. Gone thru two phantoms and waiting on the 5 to come out in September for my third. However, I've got a little money set aside and considering buying a Mavic Pro just for travel, but I've got some concerns:

1) I've heard that there's a problem with the units spinning out of control. I presume DJI has fixed it by now with firmware, but wanted to check and see if anyone was still having this issue.
2) Rumors are that the Mavic 2 is twice as nice and has a 1" camera sensor (and came out three months ago). Has DJI made an official indication that another model may be available anytime this year? I can't find anything but rumor.
3) I don't consider myself a careless pilot, but I've had a couple of horrific crashes with my phantoms and never damaged more than a prop. Is the Mavic a delicate machine - is the foldability is a trade-off for durability?

I've got to make a decision by mid-July (long story) - so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that there's a problem with the units spinning out of control.
This is not a common problem.

Rumors are that the Mavic 2 is twice as nice and has a 1" camera sensor (and came out three months ago). Has DJI made an official indication that another model may be available anytime this year?
No. They never do though. We should start to see some leaked photos when the Mavic 2 announcement is nearing.

Is the Mavic a delicate machine - is the foldability is a trade-off for durability?
The camera is definitely more delicate, but it's easy to care for it if you protect it with the included gimbal clamp and dome. The folding arms seem to be holding up well for most pilots. I usually unfold/fold mine a few times a day and they are holding up just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair