DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of connection between Mavic Drone and Controller

Reactions
I've noticed over the last few months that after I launch my Mavic, I will get a "disconnect" message and the video feed will go blank and all info about the drone (altitude, distance, etc.) will show N/A. I've replaced the short cord (the one that connects the controller with my iPhone) and the new. It will then work correctly for a few flights and then the problem reoccurs. I've even tried the regular iPhone white cord that I usually use to charge my phone and it seems to work a little better, but eventually it will reoccur. I will say that even though the video goes blank with the loss of info, the controller still is able to manually control drone direction and climb/descend.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
Thank you in advance!

If you have tried the short cord which goes into the micro USB port and the white regular charging cable which goes into the regular USB port on the bottom and the issue keeps coming back, then I suspect the issue is from your phone or the App.

I would first try to uninstall and remove the App. Close all other apps and put the device in Airplane mode before opening DJI GO 4. Airplane mode goes magic to some cases so that is important.

Before moving on to other more complex troubleshooting processes, I would try that as it may solve the problem and it is also the easiest route.

Good luck!

Reactions: JMF
I will try that. What you said sounds very plausible as once in a great while the iPhone will reset when that happens

One more thing that I would like to add, since you stated that you still have control of the drone, you basically just loose video feed. I remember that I ran into similar issue with my Phantom 3 Pro which I used DJI GO (Before Phantom 4) and the app froze and lost all video. I highly think it is the App. I know you are using an iPhone but what model is it?

One more thing that I would like to add, since you stated that you still have control of the drone, you basically just loose video feed. I remember that I ran into similar issue with my Phantom 3 Pro which I used DJI GO (Before Phantom 4) and the app froze and lost all video. I highly think it is the App. I know you are using an iPhone but what model is it?
IPhone 7

I had the same thing happen when I used my iPhone 6S. I then used an iPhone 7 and it never happened.

The lightning port on my iPhone 6S seems to be a bit corroded so this may have caused the issue

Allot of people had or have this issue, including myself. I found using the bottom port on the Mavic, with a new cable helps minimize this blank screen issue, the permanent fix to this issue for me, was switching out my Samsung 5 phone to a 7" tablet.
Since I;ve been using the Acer iconia I haven't had one blackout

Allot of people had or have this issue, including myself. I found using the bottom port on the Mavic, with a new cable helps minimize this blank screen issue, the permanent fix to this issue for me, was switching out my Samsung 5 phone to a 7" tablet.
Since I;ve been using the Acer iconia I haven't had one blackout
Actually by completely removing the App and then adding it has completely solved the problem

I;m glad that it was as easy as removing/installing the app. Seems to be allot of this happening, with solutions from easy to complex, eh!

It's good to know that you are able to solve the issue by simply reinstalling the App.

The Samsung 5 gave me blackouts on almost every flight, blackouts & to small of a screen were the reasons I switched to the 7" acer tablet

So far, about 30 flights, the iPhone has maintained connectivity. I hope you are able to solve your problem. As it was mentioned before, I erased the app from my phone and then re-installed it.

Reactions: Richard X
I've noticed over the last few months that after I launch my Mavic, I will get a "disconnect" message and the video feed will go blank and all info about the drone (altitude, distance, etc.) will show N/A. I've replaced the short cord (the one that connects the controller with my iPhone) and the new. It will then work correctly for a few flights and then the problem reoccurs. I've even tried the regular iPhone white cord that I usually use to charge my phone and it seems to work a little better, but eventually it will reoccur. I will say that even though the video goes blank with the loss of info, the controller still is able to manually control drone direction and climb/descend.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
Thank you in advance!

I had the same issue with my Iphone, but I read somewhere on the forums that turing of Wifi, bluetooth and as a last resort set the phone in Airplane mode would fix this. Thou after turning off Bluetooth and wifi I have not had any discon. since.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78