DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of control after take off and now gimbal issue

simon_t

Reactions
Hi all,

I just had my Mavic outside today for the first time and really enjoyed it.

I tried to send it up to record my wife coming home and as soon as it took off it flew backwards at a high rate of knots and consequently crashed. I couldn't get control.

I had the gimbal cover on (there was no way I was taking that off until I get the hang of this!), but it kicked it off and there is a small chip ont he edge of the camera housing.

Now when I start it up, I am getting an error message telling me:

'Motor overloaded - ensure gimbal clamp is removed'

I can move the gimbal round freely and I've made sure that the base plate is seated correctly, but when it is trying to initialise I am getting a click when it rotates fully - as if it had reached a stop point.

PANIC HAS SET IN!!!

I genuinely don't know what I could've done to prevent it - it went completely out of control and now I'm worried I'm in for a big repair bill!!

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you post your log files, there are folks here that can review them for you. Try that.

Good LUCK. My MP arrives Thursday, so I'll be watching.

There is a plastic plate down by the ribbon cable that has to be under the plastic tabs in each corner. I believe soneone else on here had the same issue. If all 4 corners are not under those tabs then you can have an issue.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: simon_t
There is a plastic plate down by the ribbon cable that has to be under the plastic tabs in each corner. I believe soneone else on here had the same issue. If all 4 corners are not under those tabs then you can have an issue.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Plate all in correct positions - check that. Thanks though

If you post your log files, there are folks here that can review them for you. Try that.

Good LUCK. My MP arrives Thursday, so I'll be watching.

Thanks for that - any idea how you post the log files?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky