DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of GPS

Terryp

Reactions
Practice flying Mavic Pro yesterday and lost GPS signal hardly 30m up.
Screen went grey and craft descended.
First time this has happened in 2 years.
Prior to flight, system did update for ?? Geofencing, which is hardly of use in New Zealand and in the country side where I live.
Can't figure this one out!
Ideas for a fix welcome.

Practice flying Mavic Pro yesterday and lost GPS signal hardly 30m up.
Screen went grey and craft descended.
Can't figure this one out!
I can't figure it out either.
Losing GPS doesn't make your screen go grey.
That sounds like losing connection.
As always, the recorded flight data will probably point the way to solve the mystery.

Last edited:
More info would help.
Device being used?
possibly a cable issue?

try deleting the app and then reload it sometimes it fixes lots of issues after updates

try deleting the app and then reload it sometimes it fixes lots of issues after updates
Thanks for your help. In addition, remote lost communication with drone as well as lost GPS.
I suspect they may be separate issues!
I'll delete/reinstall app nest time I use the drone.
Just seems odd it only just happened after updating geofencing!

Like a "grey" screen of death ??
Never heard of that happening before, here or other DJI forum etc.

Was that the flysafe database update ?
Have you tried to fly since ?
Or checking out a bit beforehand ?
It wasn't the "grey screen of death", video/image was clear but grey, not colour.
I'll delete/reinstall app when using the drone next to see if it fixes the issue.
I think it was the fly safe data base, or geofencing, if that's the correct term.

It wasn't the "grey screen of death", video/image was clear but grey, not colour.
I'll delete/reinstall app when using the drone next to see if it fixes the issue.
I think it was the fly safe data base, or geofencing, if that's the correct term.
There may be few issues that could cause this. You may have lost connection with the app and your screen retained some details of last image. You also may have lost video feed from the drone, and possibly connection as well. Were you in area wit ha lot of interference? This would explain connection issues and loss of GPS signal as well.

I'll delete/reinstall app nest time I use the drone.
Deleting the app is about the least likely thing to fix the issue.
It's a lot smarter to identify the problem before taking action, particularly when the action would delete the recorded flight data that might help solve the mystery.

Until the flight data is investigated, all you'll get from people are a lot of guesses, most of which will be quite wrong.

Reactions: Theferal and Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin