DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost 1st drone..... like a rookie

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
799 Miles and 179 flight hours.... lost the drone over a foot inaccessible area when signal cut out... GPS homepoint didn't set is my guess like a rookie...

Sigh, learn from me and check yourself even if you are getting comfortable....

Worst things is lost some great pics from the flight :(

What's the best way to get a used air2s drone only now lol?

• Wow
Reactions: 4006448
Reactions: SWTSU
799 Miles and 179 flight hours.... lost the drone over a foot inaccessible area when signal cut out... GPS homepoint didn't set is my guess like a rookie...
Yes, that's a rookie guess.
Even if you launch prematurely, before the drone gets good location data and records a home point, it will record a home point as soon as it does get location data.
Usually that is going to be pretty close to where you launched.

Unless you were flying in a cave or somewhere that the skyview was largely blocked by terrain, your drone would have had GPS and recorded a homepoint.

Reactions: offtheback
Yes, that's a rookie guess.
Even if you launch prematurely, before the drone gets good location data and records a home point, it will record a home point as soon as it does get location data.
Usually that is going to be pretty close to where you launched.

Unless you were flying in a cave or somewhere that the skyview was largely blocked by terrain, your drone would have had GPS and recorded a homepoint.
As much as your delivery lacks empathy, you are right I did have homepoint in looking at it again. This is worse since I legit don't know what happened now. I was 370 feet up and in a area I could not search and the sun going down... with rain tonight might be a lost cause

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds or more to receive my first report of "Home point Updated" and you can fly a long ways in 30 seconds...

Maybe I'm ****, I wait for the "home point" notice and then I lift off and do a control check and I get a second Home point Updated notice...

Next, if you are hoping to buy a used drone, make sure it has been unbound from the previous owner's account...

@VenomXts sorry to hear about your drone mishap ,these things happen for whatever reason ,but as others have said if you can post your logs ,our resident experts ,will be able to give you a breakdown of events ,that led to your drones demise

I got my first DJI M1P on ebay for about $500. that was in 2020. I was going up my road in sport mode and hit a low hung branch. OOOOPS. crashed. I was devestated. I looked on "Offer UP" and found a M1P at a local pawn shop. It was my birthday and they gave me a break so i got it for $525.00 out the door.

good luck

Reactions: LoudThunder
@VenomXts sorry to hear about your drone mishap ,these things happen for whatever reason ,but as others have said if you can post your logs ,our resident experts ,will be able to give you a breakdown of events ,that led to your drones demise
I pulled the logs, they present like I experienced i was not connected with 23 satellites and had home point.

Only odd thing is the voltages but i was going 23 mph..

1698676025562.png

Just wondering if you looked at your map track? If you had a homepoint (gps) it should show your exact flight path, unless it went out of range. Assume 'find my drone' didn't help?

Just wondering if you looked at your map track? If you had a homepoint (gps) it should show your exact flight path, unless it went out of range. Assume 'find my drone' didn't help?
It went down in a area I can not access easily or safely unfortunately and went down last night at dusk. Was going to attempt to scope it out and maybe try but its been pouring all night...

Literally the worst spot to go down in areas i fly lol.

• Wow
Get State Farm insurance for your next drone. I started out paying a whopping $8 a month but it dropped to $6 a month for my Air 2s.
State Farm has a habit of dropping your policy if you use it. So if you have a homeowners policy and you lose your drone, you may get a new drone, but you may also lose your home coverage. Be careful.

Mike

• Wow
So if you have a homeowners policy and you lose your drone, you may get a new drone, but you may also lose your home coverage.
I have seen this said by others in this forum in the past. And according to my agent, it's just not true.

My wife and I have homeowners, auto, and a Personal Articles Policy with State Farm.

The PAP covers several drones, jewelry, cameras, my daughter's laptop, etc. While listing the last drone a couple months ago, I specifically asked my agent if I made a claim on the PAP policy would they cancel homeowners or auto. He said "no, not a chance" and said it in such a way that it came across as "you're kidding me right?"

The pap, homeowners, and auto policies are not linked in any way. In fact there is a good chance they're not even listed with the same underwriter.

I have seen this said by others in this forum in the past. And according to my agent, it's just not true.

My wife and I have homeowners, auto, and a Personal Articles Policy with State Farm.

The PAP covers several drones, jewelry, cameras, my daughter's laptop, etc. While listing the last drone a couple months ago, I specifically asked my agent if I made a claim on the PAP policy would they cancel homeowners or auto. He said "no, not a chance" and said it in such a way that it came across as "you're kidding me right?"

The pap, homeowners, and auto policies are not linked in any way. In fact there is a good chance they're not even listed with the same underwriter.
All I can say to that is that my agent was as disgusted by the fact that they moved us into a hi risk category after a couple small claims and a not at fault accident and simply decided not to renew when the time came.

Mike

• Wow
All I can say to that is that my agent was as disgusted by the fact that they moved us into a hi risk category after a couple small claims and a not at fault accident and simply decided not to renew when the time came.

Mike
Did any of that have anything to do with making a claim on a lost or stolen drone listed on a PAP (personal articles policy)?

• Wow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_