DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost and Found Labels

Heidelburger

Reactions
I keep meaning to put a small "Please call this number xxxxxxx if found" on my drone but wondered if any of you had any tips or preferred info on yours.....
Eg:
Congratulations! Thanks for finding this flyaway. Please call this number to allow me to collect and show my £$£$Gratitude£$£$
REWARD for safe return. Call this number
While this model's location is being tracked, it would be £$£$appriciated£$£$ if you could call this number to assist in its speedy recovery.
Thank you for finding my child's most treasured possession, please call this number so we can re-unite the two again.:)

ANY ideas most welcome

I use yellow Dymo tape on the fuselage, not the battery, and just put a mobile number and my email, mobile so they can text. The ‘if found’ bit is redundant, they just found it. I think they’ll get the idea. Around where I live offering a reward up front may be counter-productive, adults would be embarrassed by that and would prefer to be seen as simply community minded, if a kid showed up I would treat them and tell their Dad they did a great job.

I keep meaning to put a small "Please call this number xxxxxxx if found" on my drone but wondered if any of you had any tips or preferred info on yours.....
Eg:
Congratulations! Thanks for finding this flyaway. Please call this number to allow me to collect and show my £$£$Gratitude£$£$
REWARD for safe return. Call this number
While this model's location is being tracked, it would be £$£$appriciated£$£$ if you could call this number to assist in its speedy recovery.
Thank you for finding my child's most treasured possession, please call this number so we can re-unite the two again.:)

ANY ideas most welcome
I use a simple P-touch label that I put in front of the battery. It has my email, my phone and "$300 Reward CASH"

My FCC label made on the Brother P-Touch includes my mobile number and other contact information. I too located it just ahead of the battery cavity.

I use yellow Dymo tape on the fuselage, not the battery, and just put a mobile number and my email, mobile so they can text. The ‘if found’ bit is redundant, they just found it. I think they’ll get the idea. Around where I live offering a reward up front may be counter-productive, adults would be embarrassed by that and would prefer to be seen as simply community minded, if a kid showed up I would treat them and tell their Dad they did a great job.

After I read your post, I thought about my decal and agree that “if found” IS redundant [emoji4]. I have to cut off that part because it looks silly now[emoji38].
I too have a Dymo with several different kinds/color tape. Clear outdoor vinyl with Black ink affixed to body (phone #) and FAA # on the arm.

i have the FAA number under the battery, my phone number and e-mail on the left side between the front arm and forward sensor.

I know you want something on your bird to prompt a finder to get in contact with you, but like others, I have my FAA#, cell# and bird's name all on a piece of paper taped in front of the battery.

Of course I would want mine back, but if a finder keeps it, I will just fly my P4 until the release of the next Mavic Pro or similar DJI product.

Last edited:
Makes sense Cheers

Digesting the recent replies I agree with most. Thanks for all the suggestions. I also think that $300 would seem ok if it were Mavic back or nothing but the thought of some wise guy phoning saying "I've got your bird.....just bring the cash NOW!!!" is a bit worrying. I'm going to stick with phone number/ deal with any reward on a case by case and..............try and stay in VLOS!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky