DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection and crashed

I asked DJI for care refresh but they told me that they will send me a refurbished one , anybody knows if the quality should be okay?
Well, let's just assume it is ...
Certainly there have been quite some reports about bad copies too, but just be open and see if it's working ok. I know, sending it back costs time and so on, but often we only hear about all the bad cases here and forget about satisfied customers who rarely share their good experience. I guess, they enjoy flying with their new ones.

Fingers crossed for you! ;)

Reactions: Waliaf
Well, let's just assume it is ...
Certainly there have been quite some reports about bad copies too, but just be open and see if it's working ok. I know, sending it back costs time and so on, but often we only hear about all the bad cases here and forget about satisfied customers who rarely share their good experience. I guess, they enjoy flying with their new ones.

Fingers crossed for you! ;)
Is there standard quality checks that I can do when I get a refurbished drone to make sure that it is a safe drone to fly with?

Well, frankly speaking, power it up, make some pictures, look if they are sharp across the image and get the bird in the air.
There won't be other ways for you to see if everything works.

Normally, QC works at DJI I need to assume. ;)

Got the following reply from DJI:

Remark: Flight Time:2019-06-10 utc+8 1.The aircraft worked under GPS mode; 2.T=408 s,H=153.6 m,D=31 m,the aircraft crashed due to IMU error; Conclusion:no pilot's fault, warranty; -Physical damage: -The battery shell is damaged. -The rear right motor arm is damaged. -The front right motor arm is damaged. -The front left motor arm is damaged. -The upper cover is scratched. -The front cover is scratched. -The middle frame is dented. -The upper vibration board is damaged. -The app prompts front vision sensor error.

I am wondering if they can repair the drone if there is that much damage?

Got the following reply from DJI:

Remark: Flight Time:2019-06-10 utc+8 1.The aircraft worked under GPS mode; 2.T=408 s,H=153.6 m,D=31 m,the aircraft crashed due to IMU error; Conclusion:no pilot's fault, warranty; -Physical damage: -The battery shell is damaged. -The rear right motor arm is damaged. -The front right motor arm is damaged. -The front left motor arm is damaged. -The upper cover is scratched. -The front cover is scratched. -The middle frame is dented. -The upper vibration board is damaged. -The app prompts front vision sensor error.

I am wondering if they can repair the drone if there is that much damage?

That's good - they came to the same conclusion. That was an easy one. And no - they will simply replace it.

Reactions: Waliaf
That's good - they came to the same conclusion. That was an easy one. And no - they will simply replace it.

Glad that I did not use my DJI CARE, I am going on holiday on July 22, I hope they can send me the replacement before that time...

Another Question, off the topic, if I get my drone back on time, I will be then flying in Amalfi in Italy, when I fly on mountains what should I take into account? How should I set the RTH hight? any idea or links to the topics are more than welcome.

Glad that I did not use my DJI CARE, I am going on holiday on July 22, I hope they can send me the replacement before that time...

Another Question, off the topic, if I get my drone back on time, I will be then flying in Amalfi in Italy, when I fly on mountains what should I take into account? How should I set the RTH hight? any idea or links to the topics are more than welcome.

I would look at your loss of signal behavior as well. Depending on the situation, you'll need to choose between return to home or hover. I personally chose hover but I'm not in the mountains. The good thing about hover is that it still returns if the battery gets low and it hasn't recovered the signal.

Before you leave home, make sure you have that area's maps cached to your DJI Go4 app just in case you lose cell service.

Understand that the thinner air will make for shorter flight times and plan accordingly. Maybe get some spare batteries?

Make sure you have ND filters for the different lighting conditions. Gradient and polarized aren't a bad idea if there's snow or bodies of water present.

Extended landing legs and/or a landing pad will be good if you plan on launching from rough terrain.

Bring extra micro sd cards!!!

Have a good trip!

I was flying in gothemburg around a church and lost connection for some reason ( the drone was at most 50M high and at most 100m away)... the go home function activated it seems because it pointed directly to where i was and tried to fly through the building .. of course it crushed and broke T_T

I was flying in gothemburg around a church and lost connection for some reason ( the drone was at most 50M high and at most 100m away)... the go home function activated it seems because it pointed directly to where i was and tried to fly through the building .. of course it crushed and broke T_T
Expected behavior unles you use the sticks or land.

So, my co-worker was doing a vertical scan of a high rise building. Scan was going fine using Drone Deploy as it was fully automated. Towards the end of the scan my other co-worker who was taking photos heard/saw a drone flying really low and it buzzed over his head and he turned to see it going full speed 40mph into an adjacent structure. The drone was completely destroyed as it just flew apart into pieces. No one was injured.

Somehow the connection was lost and it just went on it's own. It's a relatively new Mavic 2 Pro.

So, my co-worker was doing a vertical scan of a high rise building. Scan was going fine using Drone Deploy as it was fully automated. Towards the end of the scan my other co-worker who was taking photos heard/saw a drone flying really low and it buzzed over his head and he turned to see it going full speed 40mph into an adjacent structure. The drone was completely destroyed as it just flew apart into pieces. No one was injured.

Somehow the connection was lost and it just went on it's own. It's a relatively new Mavic 2 Pro.
It sounds like an interesting incident.
Was the crashed drone, one that you of your coworker were flying?

If it was, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: abhockle
It sounds like an interesting incident.
Was the crashed drone, one that you of your coworker were flying?

If it was, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
My one co-worker was flying an autonomous mission and my other co-worker heard it fly above him and turned to witness it crashing. We'll certainly look into the flight data and get that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf