DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection between MA and controller

Awi

Reactions
HI all, I just want to share my experience today flying MA in rural areas. While hovering about 30 meters above a lake (MA is almost right above me), suddenly MA lost connection to the controller, and it started descending on it's own. Luckily it stops at about 1.5 meters above water and hovered there. I tried closing and opening again the DJI Go app, no success. Then I turned off the controller and turned it on again, everything went back to normal. (I have started to consider jumping into water with a wooden board to land the MA if the battery is drained).

Maybe anyone has the same experience and probably know the cause and how to avoid this is future? Yesterday I updated firmware and geo restrictions after I switched to iPad mini 2. Before this, I flied with galaxy S9, but both devices working great without problems apart from this accident today. I switched because I often received calls on my phone and you know how it feels when MA is airborne and you begin receiving calls :)

You will need to post the logs for a real analysis. When you say you lost connection to the controller, do you mean the App screen quit, or are you saying the Remote control it self disconnected from the Mavic? Because there is a big difference.

The app screen did not quit, it said something like lost connection. The red light on the controller was blinking. After I restarted the controller, it was solid green again and the connection was resumed. I will try to post the log, I've never done that before. I'm still new, this is probably my 15th flight with MA.

Antenna orientation on your controller perhaps? If they are both vertical, and the MA is above you, it will be in a signal weakspot.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23