DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection to aircraft DJIGO app

Camilobetan

Reactions
Hello, greetings from Spain!
It’s the first time I start a discussion, I tried posting on different threads but had no luck getting responses and don’t really know what to do, help would be much appreciated!
Last Sunday I was flying my M2P(aircraft and RC with latest firmware), after 15 to 20 min of good flying experience The DJI GO app reported lost connection to aircraft message, telemetry and video output went black on the phone, but not on the RC, I started the RTH from the phone screen and it worked, I change the battery and tested it again, this time not losing sight of the drone, but the lost connection kept happening(at least 10 times with all the batteries) even a few meters from aircraft, tried several things, one of them was to lock the phone screen and unlocked it again (iPhone X IOS 12.1 running latest DJIGO 4 app) when it unlocked the video feed was up again, although sometimes just for a few seconds .... nothing else seemed to work, not even restarting the app...
I was flying far from a city, not interferences whatsoever with good flying conditions and good Gps strength.

After searching in the forum I see is quite a common thing to loose connection but don’t really know how to proceed... and don’t want to loose it!

I had reinstalled the app, but don’t know if it’s enough... is there any test or procedure I should do?

Thanks in advance !

I was having the same problem and it turned out to be the cable or the micro usb jack on the side of the controller.
I would try using a different cable and plug it into the large usb jack on the bottom of the controller instead of the side jack.

I’ve seen this many times and most of the time it was the cable. The one time it wasn’t the cable, it was a dji GO 4 app crash which I fixed by restarting the app.

Reactions: Camilobetan
I use the USB on the bottom and never have issues other than having a bad cable but do remember if you use it to unplug the one on the side from the TX.

I use the USB on the bottom and never have issues other than having a bad cable but do remember if you use it to unplug the one on the side from the TX.

What @dirkclod said is the safest and most reliable in the long run.
IF you are using an IOS display, make certain the cable is MFI certified. Other than an OEM cable $$$$ you can use a MFI certified cable. $$ Anker is a reliable manufacturer.

Reactions: dirkclod
After trying several thats the brand I do use now and Amazon has them so easy to get .0ROJYyg.png

I have been looking for a good replacement cable so thanks for this (Anker).
I found this at Amazon which is almost perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerl...1&keywords=micro+usb+to+lightning+cable+anker

My problem is that I am looking for a 90 degree end on the lightning side. I don't like the idea of the cable sticking out that far from my iPad.
Any suggestions? If not, I will probably get the one listed above.

Here's what I was using until I realized it, or the micro usb jack was causing dropouts. It was cheap on Ebay, so most likely the cable was the culprit...
IMG_4221.jpg

I have been looking for a good replacement cable so thanks for this (Anker).
I found this at Amazon which is almost perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerl...1&keywords=micro+usb+to+lightning+cable+anker

My problem is that I am looking for a 90 degree end on the lightning side. I don't like the idea of the cable sticking out that far from my iPad.
Any suggestions? If not, I will probably get the one listed above.

Here's what I was using until I realized it, or the micro usb jack was causing dropouts. It was cheap on Ebay, so most likely the cable was the culprit...
View attachment 52739
I searched Amazon and did not see Anker brand.
I searched for

anker mfi 90°

and it gave me several options for 90° mfi lightning cables

Last edited:
Reactions: brettbrandon
I searched Amazon and did not see Anker brand.
I searched for

anker mfi 90°

and it gave me several options for 90° lightning cables
Thanks, I think I found a cable from that to try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb