DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost connection

epica1988

Reactions
hi i have a mavic 2 zoom for 10 days and i only fly 4 times...the last time when i take off and the drone is 25 meters up in the air...i receive a message controller lost connection...and it starts auto landing...and the controller screen says connecting....now am i afraid to fly again...why this happen?? maybe the last firmware have problem? see the txt file...viber_image_2019-07-14_17-08-59.jpg

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-14_[15-22-46].txt
    100.1 KB · Views: 4
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago with my Inspire which was odd considering I’ve never had this problem in 4 years of using the Inspire and also I was only 300 ft away. In my case I can only assume it was an unfortunate combination of tree obstacles. One thought in yr case is that you seem to be right under the drone which means you should adjust your antenna to be horizontal, u should always try to keep the antenna perpendicular to line of sight. Also just for yr info, the Airdata info is only the telemetry download and not the control signal. You might get more insight if you look at the raw log from the Go App.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago with my Inspire which was odd considering I’ve never had this problem in 4 years of using the Inspire and also I was only 300 ft away. In my case I can only assume it was an unfortunate combination of tree obstacles. One thought in yr case is that you seem to be right under the drone which means you should adjust your antenna to be horizontal, u should always try to keep the antenna perpendicular to line of sight. Also just for yr info, the Airdata info is only the telemetry download and not the control signal. You might get more insight if you look at the raw log from the Go App.

The OP posted the txt log, which unfortunately doesn't include uplink information either.

Just to piggy back on this comment, often, when a drone is “straight up” above the pilot, the antenna are not oriented with the flat part of the antenna facing the drone. Instead, the pilot only has the tips of the antenna facing the drone.

This is a common beginner mistake, and could definitely contribute to a poor connection.

happens to me most of the time, antenna direction really contributes?

Antenna direction combined with trees blocking can easily disconnect from that distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661