DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone - happy ending

wiseguy

Reactions
Thought I'd share a good recovery story ...

Doing a photoshoot lakeside with a couple of paddleboarders I thought I had properly scoped out the tallest tree in the area. 15 minutes later the one pine tree that was about 25 feet taller than all the rest gobbled up up my Mavic Pro.

The challenge became how to retrieve a drone from 75 feet up in a tree. Long story short and 2 weeks later, after getting closer to hiring a tree climber, I got the "did you lose a drone?" call.

As I drove the 30 minutes from my home I thought of the numerous rainstorms, 95 degrees of baking sunshine, and the 75-foot fall it took to the ground, and figured well at least I'll have closure, the 200mb card, and my trashed drone back. Long story short again ... the drone not only survived the fall but it survived the rain and baking sun as well. Not even a prop needed to be replaced. I figured there's no way this thing is going to fly right ... but it did, and has, 20+ times since!

And that, is my unreal lost drone story :)

Thank you for posting
Being aware of you surrounding
Is one key to a joyful flight
.....I like happy ending

......cR

Reactions: Thomas B

Doing a photoshoot lakeside with a couple of paddleboarders I thought I had properly scoped out the tallest tree in the area. 15 minutes later the one pine tree that was about 25 feet taller than all the rest gobbled up up my Mavic Pro.

The challenge became how to retrieve a drone from 75 feet up in a tree. Long story short and 2 weeks later, after getting closer to hiring a tree climber, I got the "did you lose a drone?" call.

As I drove the 30 minutes from my home I thought of the numerous rainstorms, 95 degrees of baking sunshine, and the 75-foot fall it took to the ground, and figured well at least I'll have closure, the 200mb card, and my trashed drone back. Long story short again ... the drone not only survived the fall but it survived the rain and baking sun as well. Not even a prop needed to be replaced. I figured there's no way this thing is going to fly right ... but it did, and has, 20+ times since!

Mine crashed from 30 feet high into wires and fell on it's back. Replaced 3 props and it took right off. Wow was I relieved.

Welcome to the forum @wiseguy

Congrats on a Happy Ending!!

Did they contact you via the FAA Registration # or did you have your name and # on the drone?

Reactions: Thomas B
After losing your camera gear once you learn quickly to put your name and contact on everything ... batteries, controllers, gopros, etc. I also mark "reward if returned" on my gear bags

After losing your camera gear once you learn quickly to put your name and contact on everything ... batteries, controllers, gopros, etc. I also mark "reward if returned" on my gear bags
I do the same. Even my little whoop which I cant picture losing has my contact info on the memory card.
Glad it worked out...

I love a happy ending. I watched my MP tangle with a tree and saw it fall and then right its self and fly some more. They are amazing machines.
Just wondering, your profile shows you joined 11/2/18, is that correct, if so, how are you a new member? Welcome to Mavic pilots.

I love a happy ending. I watched my MP tangle with a tree and saw it fall and then right its self and fly some more. They are amazing machines.
Just wondering, your profile shows you joined 11/2/18, is that correct, if so, how are you a new member? Welcome to Mavic pilots.

Not sure ... first post perhaps?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21