DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone in maldives - help needed

I have asked them why is it pilot error let's see what they say .
In the mean while here comes MAVIC PRO PLATINUM new will go buy one with the refresh package.... I wonder if I would get a replacement in this situation if I had a dji refresh package ?

For DJI Refresh you need to recover the aircraft. On the pilot error issue you could try arguing that it should not have lost so much altitude on deceleration. However, at that recorded altitude it's hard to know just how high it really was. They will likely say that you were flying too low for that maneuver.

Such things may happen. Loosing some altitude when stopping forward flight abruptly is quite common. I experienced the same problem with my SplashDrone two years ago. Was flying in Atti mode at this moment and didn't recognize the quick loss in altitude from the video feed, so it went into the lake and capsized due to remaining forward speed.
But it's a SplashDrone, so no damage except for two lost propellers...

Reactions: genesimmons
For DJI Refresh you need to recover the aircraft. On the pilot error issue you could try arguing that it should not have lost so much altitude on deceleration. However, at that recorded altitude it's hard to know just how high it really was. They will likely say that you were flying too low for that maneuver.

Sar, you sir are amazing at figuring out this stuff!

Maldives has no waves ... It's flat all the way to deep ocean .I highly doubt water could have touched it .RTH did not work as I was sitting there for 2 hours praying ... I feel it was a malfunction.
flying fish?

So gave up no reply from.dji . Went and got a new mavic pro platinum now I have 5 batteries and lots if chargers and 2 remotes ...... way to go lol ... also registered with dji refresh.

So gave up no reply from.dji . Went and got a new mavic pro platinum now I have 5 batteries and lots if chargers and 2 remotes ...... way to go lol ... also registered with dji refresh.
At least you can use the second remote in a dual rc setup. Complete package you have now.
At a cost alright.
All the luck with your new MPP. May it give many hours of service.

At least you can use the second remote in a dual rc setup. Complete package you have now.
At a cost alright.
All the luck with your new MPP. May it give many hours of service.
Thank you... Crystalsky 7 ultra-bright coming next week :) and i can rip. Thank you all for your help

My advice is to never fly at low altitude on sport mode especially only 4m height with 400m distance is INSANE in my opinion. You have to give the quad some room to compensate for altitude changes. The farther you fly away, the higher your drone should be. Good luck with your new drone.

Reactions: ksmusa
mine did a simmilar thing, i was flying low over a lake taking pics, i decelerated and she went down into the water a bit, managed to get her back and wasnt salt water so she survived,,,,,, if u fly in a field in sport mode and watch when u go forward or back she can go up and down a bit too, i wont fly that low over water again,,,, learned my lesson

Reactions: ryanolivas
Flying fast with a lot of pitch, the barometer will read a lower pressure (height) than the pressure of the surrounding air. As soon as you drop the speed and pitch the pressure will be the same as the surrounding air again. But it takes a second for the barometer to catch up hence the sudden drop (up to 2 maybe 3 feet) if you stop suddenly. Flying low should always be done with lower speed to keep the variance as little as possible. Best is to be prepared for this and fly at least 6 feet above the ground or water (top of the waves). And be ready to compensate with the throttle.

mine did a simmilar thing, i was flying low over a lake taking pics, i decelerated and she went down into the water a bit, managed to get her back and wasnt salt water so she survived,,,,,, if u fly in a field in sport mode and watch when u go forward or back she can go up and down a bit too, i wont fly that low over water again,,,, learned my lesson
what kind of drone were you using?

what kind of drone were you using?
mavic pro, i have modded mine so she assends and decends faster and i guess i wasnt paying attention and i was low on the water and sensoors didnt pick up the water and she tooka little dip,,,,, i seen water in the camera so i assended fast, things acted weird after that but she made it home and i dried her and shes still flying today

In sport mode all sensor's are disabled that close to the water or ground these aircraft can and do lose a lot of attitude.. I am sorry that you did not know that beforehand you flew into the sea man..live and learn but it was not DJIs fault.

mavic pro, i have modded mine so she assends and decends faster and i guess i wasnt paying attention and i was low on the water and sensoors didnt pick up the water and she tooka little dip,,,,, i seen water in the camera so i assended fast, things acted weird after that but she made it home and i dried her and shes still flying today
wow. good thing she made it home Thumbswayup

Reactions: genesimmons
I have asked them why is it pilot error let's see what they say .
In the mean while here comes MAVIC PRO PLATINUM new will go buy one with the refresh package.... I wonder if I would get a replacement in this situation if I had a dji refresh package ?
Typically not, even though you’ve purchased the refresh plan they will hardly ever do anything for you unless you have something to send back to them; despite the fact that it wasn’t operator error. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I’d look into buying a Getterback or some other water retrieval device if you plan on flying over water again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds