DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone in the Jungle.

I think so... shows no information.
yeah,i had djigo open to general settings and soon as the drone connected the rth settings enabled themselves but im getting off track
OP,Im sure if you can get your flight logs here,someone will read em,unfortunately thats over my pay grade and intel,

When I open DJI Assistant, it has no information since it’s requesting to have the aircraft or remote plugged. When I connect the RC, it gives an option that reads Black Box. Can I pull the flight data using the RC?

It will help. You can also get some flight data from the phone or tablet.
It will show stick inputs and what the mavic was doing till the log ends.

It will help. You can also get some flight data from the phone or tablet.
It will show stick inputs and what the mavic was doing till the log ends.

I got flight data and video from my tablet. I just got no idea what the aircraft did when I lost signal. It was 900 meters from home. I just don’t know it it landed, hovered it or Returned Home.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
Oh you can bet for sure that it landed!! :D
You said the you lost connection from your tablet, but are you sure the RC wasnt still connected?
That is where they can see what happened from the RC data.
IF you lost connection to the RC then RTH kicked in, so it either hovered and landed straight below its last position, or it immediately landed at its last position, or it started home and didnt make it.
Hopefully it stayed connected to the RC longer than you think it did and the smart guys here can narrow down your search area. Also what was the wind like at your flight altitude? that will make a difference too.

ETA; If there was still a connection to the RC, RTH would not kick in till THAT connection was lost. or when you turned off the RC. If there was too much time in between the rC disconnect, you didnt have enough battery left to make the 1000m flight back.
although, at 27% when this happened, I doubt you would have made it back even if it did stay connected.

Last edited:
Oh you can bet for sure that it landed!! :D
You said the you lost connection from your tablet, but are you sure the RC wasnt still connected?
That is where they can see what happened from the RC data.
IF you lost connection to the RC then RTH kicked in, so it either hovered and landed straight below its last position, or it immediately landed at its last position, or it started home and didnt make it.
Hopefully it stayed connected to the RC longer than you think it did and the smart guys here can narrow down your search area. Also what was the wind like at your flight altitude? that will make a difference too.

ETA; If there was still a connection to the RC, RTH would not kick in till THAT connection was lost. or when you turned off the RC. If there was too much time in between the rC disconnect, you didnt have enough battery left to make the 1000m flight back.
although, at 27% when this happened, I doubt you would have made it back even if it did stay connected.
RC lost signal along with the app, it still had about %25 battery left.
There wasn't any wind on the spot I was flying; at about %75 battery it required to Return Home which I tried.
When it was about 1.5 km, the drone started to move sideways instead of the straight Returning Home line.

Took me a while but finally have the Flight Log.
I'm just trying to figure out how to post it here. Any advice?
I have an Ipad Pro and an HP on Windows 10.
1519137128603.jpg1519137138974.jpg

So those are my Flight Logs. In order to see the one where I lost my drone, I have to click on that folder up top that reads MCDatFlightRecords.
When I try to upload it to the Phantomhelp.com log viewer, it gives me an error... "You may only upload DJI GO TXT flight logs.
Is there any way of switching those Record Flights so the Log viewer can read'em?

It's Notepad. Got no idea why my computer opens those Flight records with the Notepad.
That's why the Log Viewer is giving the error.

View attachment 31810View attachment 31811

So those are my Flight Logs. In order to see the one where I lost my drone, I have to click on that folder up top that reads MCDatFlightRecords.
When I try to upload it to the Phantomhelp.com log viewer, it gives me an error... "You may only upload DJI GO TXT flight logs.
Is there any way of switching those Record Flights so the Log viewer can read'em?
Negatory. You'll need to use CsvView or DatCon to look at those .DAT files. To obtain CsvView or DatCon look here
CsvView Introduction
or
DatCon Introduction

Reactions: Akoztha
That's the link from Dropbox.
I hope is usable and someone can read it.
I got my machete ready and just hoping to narrow the spot where it landed!

Reactions: frank candor
That's probably not the right .DAT. It shows launching and then returning to the same spot and landing here.
upload_2018-2-20_7-20-6.png

The guys who are good at predicting the location of a lost Mavic may be more comfortable with using the .txt instead of the .DAT. The .txt files can be found in the next directory up from the MCDatFilghtRecords folder.

That's probably not the right .DAT. It shows launching and then returning to the same spot and landing here.
View attachment 31814

The guys who are good at predicting the location of a lost Mavic may be more comfortable with using the .txt instead of the .DAT. The .txt files can be found in the next directory up from the MCDatFilghtRecords folder.
Thanks for replying. I can't find the next directory. Where would that be?1519140523133.jpg

View attachment 31814

That's the Flight Log that matches the time (4:19pm) with the flight list on the DJI GO 4 app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661