DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone in the Jungle.

That's the Flight Log that matches the time (4:19pm) with the flight list on the DJI GO 4 app.
Not sure exactly what you're saying. But, 2018-02-18_16-11-02_FLY021.DAT occurred on 2-18-2018 at 16:11:02 local. That's 2018-2-18 22:11:2 GMT.

One level up. In FlightRecords.
View attachment 31817
In my case it would be going back. But for some reason, the TXT Flight records on the day I lost it, only show me TXT documents in the morning.
If I wanted to see the Flight Record which shows me the Flight I need, I would have to click on that MCDatFlighTRecords which only contains Dat files.
That's the Flight Log that matches the time (4:19pm) with the flight list on the DJI GO 4 app.

In my case it would be going back. But for some reason, the TXT Flight records on the day I lost it, only show me TXT documents in the morning.
If I wanted to see the Flight Record which shows me the Flight I need, I would have to click on that MCDatFlighTRecords which only contains Dat files.
1519141558071.jpg

Not sure exactly what you're saying. But, 2018-02-18_16-11-02_FLY021.DAT occurred on 2-18-2018 at 16:11:02 local. That's 2018-2-18 22:11:2 GMT.
That's odd. So I'm basically giving the Flight Record from 4:19pm but it's reading the Flight Record from 4:11pm.
1519141978258.jpg

FLY021 begins at 16-11-02 (4:11 PM) shown in the file name but then ends 7.5 mins later at 4:19 which is shown in the Date Modified column. If we have to use the .DATs then I suggest that you zip up all of the .DATs from 2/18/2018. Note that there are multiple FLY019, FLY020, FLY021. This happens sometimes and will require some sleuthing to sort out.

Much preferable to use the .txt. Maybe you could try again retrieving the .txt files.

FLY021 begins at 16-11-02 (4:11 PM) shown in the file name but then ends 7.5 mins later at 4:19 which is shown in the Date Modified column. If we have to use the .DATs then I suggest that you zip up all of the .DATs from 2/18/2018. Note that there are multiple FLY019, FLY020, FLY021. This happens sometimes and will require some sleuthing to sort out.

Much preferable to use the .txt. Maybe you could try again retrieving the .txt files.
Yeah thanks. I'm really sorry for the Dat filea, I'm with DJI Support trying to figure out a way of getting the TXT files.

Yeah thanks. I'm really sorry for the Dat filea, I'm with DJI Support trying to figure out a way of getting the TXT files.
Sorry 'bout that. :) You'll likely be a while with DJI support and may not have success. Since you've got the .DATs just zip the ones from 2/18/2018 and I'll sort through them.

Sorry 'bout that. :) You'll likely be a while with DJI support and may not have success. Since you've got the .DATs just zip the ones from 2/18/2018 and I'll sort through them.
[emoji19] yeah I don't think "Sean" knows much about Flight Records. He's creating a ticket.

IMG_0010.JPG

I was recording, so this is the flight where I lost it. Maybe it helps to narrow down the search.
I appreciate your help!

2018-02-18_16-19-40_FLY022.DAT seems to be the incident flight. The last recorded coords were
10.0402758, -84.5257035 with a GPS:heightMSL of 923.514 meters. There doesn't seem to be any info about what it will do if the RC connection is lost. I'm a newbie at this but check along the yellow line here.
upload_2018-2-20_9-55-4.png

Reactions: Akoztha
Yes... I lost my drone. Sucks !!
So I got a few questions, any kind of help is greatly appreciated!
Questions:
* It had %27 battery, but the RC got disconnected. I lost signal of the device and the video only shows that moment, when there was no communication.
- At that point; does it continues to Return Home? I called DJI and the lady didn't knew much. She said as soon as the Drone loses signal with the RC, it will stop. Meaning that the %27 left was used just hovering at the point where I lost contact.
The reason why I am trying to find about this, it's because the tab "Find My Drone" gave me coordinates that are basically, near or right at the spot where my video stopped recording.
I spend all day at that spot, but couldn't find it; so I was puzzled.
- If it continued Returning Home. Is there a way to retrieve the last coordinates?

Thanks in advance for your responses!!!
There is a difference between the phone/tablet(the app) stopping and the controller disconnect. If just the App stopped it does not initiate the RTH. The last know position will be in the flight logs which are on the device you were using, so you do not need the drone for those logs.

@Akoztha One more thing. Search first in the area of the last known coords. At 923 msl there was very little or no obstructions between the launch site and the Mavic. I.e., an RC disconnect seems unlikely. The Mavic may have suffered the fate of other Mavics and just dropped from the sky. Also, as @dbyantis mentioned an app crash would have caused it to land at the last known coords.

Reactions: Akoztha
There is a difference between the phone/tablet(the app) stopping and the controller disconnect. If just the App stopped it does not initiate the RTH. The last know position will be in the flight logs which are on the device you were using, so you do not need the drone for those logs.
I got the logs. We spent 2 full days checking on the location with no results... our guess is it got stuck on top of the trees.

@Akoztha One more thing. Search first in the area of the last known coords. At 923 msl there was very little or no obstructions between the launch site and the Mavic. I.e., an RC disconnect seems unlikely. The Mavic may have suffered the fate of other Mavics and just dropped from the sky. Also, as @dbyantis mentioned an app crash would have caused it to land at the last known coords.
Thanks bud, we spent 2 days; a crew with machetes and we covered a pretty good area around the last image on the video. That same spot is where the coordinates from the tab Find My Drone leads me. We used Google Earth plus Google Maps

An app crash will not cause the Mavic to land, it just means you loose the video feed, the bird continues unfazed, responding to controller stick input as expected.

I've read the whole thread, but still don't get why the drone disapeared?

What is the conclusion from the retrieved files?

I've read the whole thread, but still don't get why the drone disapeared?

What is the conclusion from the retrieved files?
Guy from DJI'S Tech Support said the drone crashed to the last part I was able to view on my Ipad.
I started flying of a cliff and the guy said the aircraft stayed down since it has no Upward Vision.
He said that's the reason why the coordinates on the tab "Find my Drone", and the last image on my video match.
He then said, there is a chance that the last image I had on my video is the place where he landed; mentioned the drone waits 5 seconds if it's low on battery and does not connect to the RC, and after those 5 seconds it lands.
The last image on my video and the coordinates match pretty close.
Trees are really tall, small and huge on top, we think it probably got stuck on top.
Tomorrow we are flying another drone on top to take a look from above.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661