DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone trying to RTH - 'max power load reached' issue

Hi same thing happened to me today my mavic mini just started to descend without warning or trying to RTH I was less than 200 metres away so saw it all happening on the screen. Sadly I was over the sea so just watched in horror as the sea got closer and closer and then blank. Looking at the flight log the message Max Power load reached appeared just before it decided to go down
Having the same issue! That problem finally lost my drone. Submitted for warranty replacement, no word yet. I have several times had RTH simply drop altitude (well beyond the 20 meter RTH parameters) and was able to spot and recover. However, lost signal, activated RTH, drone dropped. This was 122' high and 1300' away. It seems to be a problem.

Chalk that up to another pilot air. I don’t know why people want to take these little drones out that far on windy conditions. If they want to do that then they should buy the MP2.

Chalk that up to another pilot air. I don’t know why people want to take these little drones out that far on windy conditions. If they want to do that then they should buy the MP2.

Neither of these cases was due to wind. They both exhibited uncommanded descent due to lack of thrust from the rear motors.

Neither of these cases was due to wind. They both exhibited uncommanded descent due to lack of thrust from the rear motors.
I'm sure it has been mentioned before but are prop straps flattening out the blades when stored/held against the mini body? Also what is the temperature at time and altitude of flying? Is the cold air at altitude adding to the lack of thrust problem?

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but are prop straps flattening out the blades when stored/held against the mini body? Also what is the temperature at time and altitude of flying? Is the cold air at altitude adding to the lack of thrust problem?

Deformation of the props seems definitely to be implicated. In terms of temperature, cold air is denser, and so should provide more lift, not less.

Deformation of the props seems definitely to be implicated. In terms of temperature, cold air is denser, and so should provide more lift, not less.
I agree with the more lift in cold dense air , but part of my cold question (being winter here) is the freezing temps might affect the prop shape caused by prop restraining straps. Maybe as things warm up if we might see the flattened props returning closer to the correct deflection instead of the cold keeping them flattened. Wonder if there any climate correlation between the rear lift problem and cold temperatures?

I agree with the more lift in cold dense air , but part of my cold question (being winter here) is the freezing temps might affect the prop shape caused by prop restraining straps. Maybe as things warm up if we might see the flattened props returning closer to the correct deflection instead of the cold keeping them flattened. Wonder if there any climate correlation between the rear lift problem and cold temperatures?

That's certainly a possibility. I haven't seen enough data to make those kinds of correlation though.

So my Mini was eventually recovered from the sea by dog walkers. Managed to get the content back off the SD card, and DJI upon inspection decided to replace it for free.

wow im extremely happy for your sake! did you have name/number attached on the drone?

Reactions: old man mavic
No, even those sort of details would likely have put the MM overweight... Although I could have put the details on the microSD, it wouldn't have helped because the filesystem was corrupt by the "unclean shutdown" AKA it falling into the sea.
They contacted DJI, who didn't email me but did say who had it once I used chat to ask them about a replacement. Never got a response to my initial email enquiry.

As I said initially, wind was minimal and height was low.
Storage - it's stored in the official DJI case
Prop deformation - the blades were ablated, but that's not unexpected given it crash landed in a stone beach and was washed up... The blades themselves weren't obviously deformed. I had done a single prop replacement (2 pieces, one motor), which was probably inadvisable.. It had also been out in somewhat strong winds before, but was well under 200 cycles.

This has happened to my Mavic Air 2, I wonder if the issue is common to both the MM and the MA2 as they both also use the DJI Fly App.

Here's the thread it's being discussed in:

This has happened to my Mavic Air 2, I wonder if the issue is common to both the MM and the MA2 as they both also use the DJI Fly App.

Here's the thread it's being discussed in:

The problem with the Mini has nothing to do with the app - it is due to lack of thrust from the rear motors as a result of prop deformation. Nor did yours - it was the result of failure of the rear left motor or prop.

The problem with the Mini has nothing to do with the app - it is due to lack of thrust from the rear motors as a result of prop deformation. Nor did yours - it was the result of failure of the rear left motor or prop.
i do not know if anybody tried to use perl library to alter its flight mode params to activate atti - i played with it, but had no desire to spend any time investigating. it seems to have most of the same parameters mavic 2 series have.
should probably work same way as well, at least i saw angle params and flight mode params to use same values for modes 12, 8, etc., whatever that is.

default angle seems to be locked at 30deg - may be it would allow more, who knows. then it would fly better in the wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka