DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone trying to RTH - 'max power load reached' issue

i kn ow already this video. today i was flying again, with the same props. but in a different location. warmer and 150m height and not around 700m above the ocean. it was good. i had no problems so far. no error messages. but i was using a different battery! tomorrow i try it again with the battery from yesterday.

Maybe It's not only the propellers, but the screws that can be a little loose?
And this guy made a complete test buy putting back old props and then had again errors, so in his particullar situation at least, the props seems to be in cause.

I had my Mavic Mini ditch in the Sea today too. Very good conditions, the wind was barely noticeable, UAV was responding well and everything seemed good. On the previous flight I'd run the battery down to 15% (Landing slightly delayed by people walking along the promenade). Visual inspection of the props was genuinely performed, props were at 29 flights / 2.75hrs

I pressed RTH, saw a nice picture and stopped for a moment. Pressed RTH again, got an overload warning and the thing just descended into the sea. I tried to command it to fly up when I realised it was dropping altitude / about the hit the sea, but got no response. It dripped into the sea, then jumped back into the air for a few seconds before dropping down again.

Home point was defined correctly, RTH was 15m from the sea defense, which was about 20m above the sea.

Drone hasn't been recovered yet... I doubt it will be :(

For those who have had success with replacement from DJI, how did you initiate a support ticket?

Last edited:
I had my Mavic Mini ditch in the Sea today too. Very good conditions, the wind was barely noticeable, UAV was responding well and everything seemed good. On the previous flight I'd run the battery down to 15% (Landing slightly delayed by people walking along the promenade). Visual inspection of the props was genuinely performed, props were at 29 flights / 2.75hrs

I pressed RTH, saw a nice picture and stopped for a moment. Pressed RTH again, got an overload warning and the thing just descended into the sea. I tried to command it to fly up when I realised it was dropping altitude / about the hit the sea, but got no response. It dripped into the sea, then jumped back into the air for a few seconds before dropping down again.

Home point was defined correctly, RTH was 15m from the sea defense, which was about 20m above the sea.

Drone hasn't been recovered yet... I doubt it will be :(

For those who have had success with replacement from DJI, how did you initiate a support ticket?

I am afraid this is another case of "motor power maxing out". This is the third case I have seen in this forum over the last 48 hours ! The following graph summarizes my analysis :

analysis.JPG

The area seem pretty open, why did you initiate RTH and not just fly manually back?
I had VLOS at all times (Legal requirement in the UK, and I'm an inexperienced pilot - MM is my first drone, so best not to push the rules).
To be honest using RTH was just laziness - I was done with the sessions (And felt I had some really nice recordings on the SD card) and it made sense to have it go to the flat spot of concrete and land rather than try to land by hand on a small area or risk a prop to the face by catching it by hand.
I didn't perceive rth to be a function which is in any way dangerous to use or more likely to result in a crash than manually flying.

Last edited:
Can someone please advise how to get airdata to work with the mini? Everything I’m seeing says it doesn’t work with the DJI fly app, just go and go4.

I installed the airdata HD app, log into the website. Follow the setup and jobs a good one :)

My Mavic Mini just crashed! I took off and didn’t see the “max power” alert immediately :( So, after 30 sec and about 10 meter high, it just stoped and crash. Fortunately I was on a green area and the grass protected it from total destruction.

But I really don’t know what is the cause for that alert neither to the crash.

Log is here

My Mavic Mini just crashed! I took off and didn’t see the “max power” alert immediately :( So, after 30 sec and about 10 meter high, it just stoped and crash. Fortunately I was on a green area and the grass protected it from total destruction.

But I really don’t know what is the cause for that alert neither to the crash.

Log is here

That looks like the usual problem - some pitch and roll instabilities and uncommanded descent. It came down at around 5 m/s. Can you see if the mobile device DAT file ending FLY030.DAT is still in the MCDatFlightRecords directory?

Attitude.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum