DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST DRONE

If you are using Android have a look on the phone in "my files" and see if you can find any DAT files. If so bluetooth them or the last one, over to your computer.
I had a similar problem the first time I connected the phone to my laptop. From memory Windows didn't have the drivers installed (I think device manager showed a problem) and I had to manually get it to search for? and instal the drivers. Once the drivers were installed I could see the DAT files but I had found them in my files and bluetoothed them to the computer
Unfortunately I'm with apple. I'm guessing my only hope is to go looking in the morning so? Appreciate all the help again.

If you are using Android have a look on the phone in "my files" and see if you can find any DAT files. If so bluetooth them or the last one, over to your computer.
I had a similar problem the first time I connected the phone to my laptop. From memory Windows didn't have the drivers installed (I think device manager showed a problem) and I had to manually get it to search for? and instal the drivers. Once the drivers were installed I could see the DAT files but I had found them in my files and bluetoothed them to the computer

He's using iOS - DJI Fly 1.1.5.

Ahh, that blows my post out of the water then.

If our dat files have been sync'd can we access them?

Unfortunately I'm with apple. I'm guessing my only hope is to go looking in the morning so? Appreciate all the help again.

If, for some reason, it did switch to autoland rather than RTH, then it may be very close to the last recorded position:

grab138.jpg

Ahh, that blows my post out of the water then.

If our dat files have been sync'd can we access them?

I've seen one report where someone apparently emailed DJI to request a DAT file and was sent it. Otherwise no - there is no mechanism to retrieve them.

I've seen one report where someone apparently emailed DJI to request a DAT file and was sent it. Otherwise no - there is no mechanism to retrieve them.
One more stupid question for you if you dont mind. If DJI provided me with the dat file for when it reconnected, would that give me any indication as to where to look?

Thanks SAR104

To Markp0239 what did you see in the image during the brief and final connection?

Unfortunately that means that you have "Auto-sync Flight Records" enabled in the Fly app - that deletes the DAT files when the records are synchronized with the DJI servers.
So, should we have the Auto-sync Flight Records turned off? What would the reason be to have it enabled?

One more stupid question for you if you dont mind. If DJI provided me with the dat file for when it reconnected, would that give me any indication as to where to look?

Yes - unless the drone had lost all GPS reception then it will contain the drone's coordinates when it reconnected.

would the files in the 'Logs' folder be of any use? example DJILog_2020-06-28[10][52][39](902)

So, should we have the Auto-sync Flight Records turned off? What would the reason be to have it enabled?

I certainly keep it off. Unless you care about the flight records being constantly up to date on the DJI servers then there is no benefit to it at all.

Ok so going forward.. check the area the flight path finishes in the morning and if that fails, request the DAT files from DJI? Or will they just review them for me?

One other thought - did you just try the "Find my drone" option? That may include position data from the reconnect.
yes, checked the find my drone app. only marked the end of the flight path. did not log the reconnect.

Ok so going forward.. check the area the flight path finishes in the morning and if that fails, request the DAT files from DJI? Or will they just review them for me?

I'm not sure that they will review it to the necessary level of detail. It would be better to get the file.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78