DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST DRONE

Mp76

Reactions
I lost connection with my mavic mini mid flight and it landed in a nearby farm yard. I went straight to the last point which was logged before the drone lost connection and searched for a while. While searching, the drone briefly reconnected and showed the view of the camera but then immediately disconnected. Wondering if the drone may have logged the brief reconnection along with gps coordinates anywhere and if so how do I access it. Also, is there any possibility of DJI refresh doing anything for me in this situation? Thanks

welcome to the forum sorry about your drone for refresh to work you need the drone or remains to send back to DJI im afraid

On you phone find the flight logs, if Android and looking via Windows the probable folder path is DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord.
In there you will likely find files with names akin to .........DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-25_[15-53-57].txt.
Upload the last one to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and it might show you the whereabouts of your drone.
You will see a link on the output of that webpage, post it here and others will probably chip in with locations

On you phone find the flight logs, if Android and looking via Windows the probable folder path is DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord.
In there you will likely find files with names akin to .........DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-25_[15-53-57].txt.
Upload the last one to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and it might show you the whereabouts of your drone.
You will see a link on the output of that webpage, post it here and others will probably chip in with locations

Actually it is going to require the DAT file. There will be no txt file data after the initial landing.

OK, can you expand that and say when writing to the txt file starts and stops please? Thanks

OK, can you expand that and say when writing to the txt file starts and stops please? Thanks

The txt log stops on motor stop, or on disconnect if that occurs first, of course. So if the aircraft disconnects, then lands, and then reconnects to the controller, there will be no additional data written to the txt log. The DAT file, however, is written to whenever the aircraft is connected to the controller, and so it likely wrote position data to the DAT file on reconnect.

Flight log attached if anyone can make sense of it. Thanks so much for the help

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-28_[11-12-20]log.zip
    265.6 KB · Views: 63
presume mobile dat file wont have logged the location of the brief reconnection i mentioned?

Flight log attached if anyone can make sense of it. Thanks so much for the help

I'm not sure what caused the disconnect but the winds were too strong for most of the flight, with the aircraft unable to hold position without stick inputs. That said - when you applied stick inputs it did make progress back, so you should have continued that and/or switched to sport mode. Interestingly, at the end of the flight it was holding position. That makes it hard to know where it might have ended up after a period of attempted RTH.

Vel_forwards.png

grab137.jpg

presume mobile dat file wont have logged the location of the brief reconnection i mentioned?

That was my point in post #5 - the DAT file will contain position data from the reconnect. See if you can retrieve the mobile device DAT file ending FLY019.DAT and also any DAT file after that in case it started a new one.

Reactions: NedKelly
I'm not sure what caused the disconnect but the winds were too strong for most of the flight, with the aircraft unable to hold position without stick inputs. That said - when you applied stick inputs it did make progress back, so you should have continued that and/or switched to sport mode. Interestingly, at the end of the flight it was holding position. That makes it hard to know where it might have ended up after a period of attempted RTH.

View attachment 106203

View attachment 106204

That was my point in post #5 - the DAT file will contain position data from the reconnect. See if you can retrieve the mobile device DAT file ending FLY019.DAT and also any DAT file after that in case it started a new one.
the folder 'MCDatFileRecords' is empty. is this where I should be looking?

the folder 'MCDatFileRecords' is empty. is this where I should be looking?

Unfortunately that means that you have "Auto-sync Flight Records" enabled in the Fly app - that deletes the DAT files when the records are synchronized with the DJI servers.

If you are using Android have a look on the phone in "my files" and see if you can find any DAT files. If so bluetooth them or the last one, over to your computer.
I had a similar problem the first time I connected the phone to my laptop. From memory Windows didn't have the drivers installed (I think device manager showed a problem) and I had to manually get it to search for? and instal the drivers. Once the drivers were installed I could see the DAT files but I had found them in my files and bluetoothed them to the computer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan