DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drones

My Mavic Air will notr even take off if theres any kind of magnetic interference. Is this not true with other mavic's?????

As @msinger says - the aircraft cannot necessarily detect magnetic interference. All it measures is the total magnetic field, from which it subtracts its internal magnetic field (determined by the calibration) to leave the external (presumed to be earth's) magnetic field. Unless that magnetic field is outside the threshold parameters that it has set, it will assume that it defines north, and happily take off.

I don't understand where you are going with this. The incident described in this thread had nothing to do with GPS or the recorded home point - it was due to a magnetically distorted takeoff location. And the location where the drone crashed is known - retrieving it was apparently the problem.
huh? what are you talking about?

Listen, I don't where this guys drone is, I'll be the first to admit it. I have nothing more to add. Good Lord, it can seem a little difficult to interpret others at times

Right - but my point was that the OP knows where the drone is - he stated that in his first post. He watched it crash. And the cause of the crash is also known - there are no mysteries here.

Very sorry about your bad luck but I must admit I love reading these kind of stories there are some very smart people out there and I just love seeing how they analyze a particular situation. Great to see people spending time to help other people though hope you have better luck in the future by the way you flying in Switzerland must be very beautiful scenery

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure