DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic 1 Pro

Not sure how to get the data from the drone. We hooked the drone up to the computer via USB and exported the data. Is there another way to get the files?

Right, the selection of the files takes place in Assistant 2 - so those are the exported files. I can't tell looking at them which DAT files are in them. Perhaps just post all three and we can take a look. I suspect that the correct DAT is contained in one of those export files.

Hi guys,
i just lost my drone in Canada and I am visiting from Europe. The remote got disconnected from the aircraft 594 m away from me and the battery still got 44%. Usually it switches automatically into RTH mode and comes back to the starting point, but it didn’t. I went to flight records and the last coordinates shown where those where the drone was when it lost the signal.
I went around looking for it for like half a day and didn’t find it. Hello please I am very upset.
If you can get another drone you can use the Litchi app. Your flight records show on the bottom exactly where the last know location was. I recovered my Mav pro in 20’ of water 6wks after it went down. It was right where it said it was. Good luck!

Right, the selection of the files takes place in Assistant 2 - so those are the exported files. I can't tell looking at them which DAT files are in them. Perhaps just post all three and we can take a look. I suspect that the correct DAT is contained in one of those export files.

Can't upload they say they are too large.

Well it's pretty clear what happened I'm afraid. You flew it into the ground (well probably a stand of trees) on Blue Mountain Ski Resort, in sport mode and full forward elevator. It hit at around 16 m/s (35 mph) which was what caused the disconnect, not surprisingly. You should find the wreckage at or around 44.5015°N, 80.3212°W, as shown on the GE snapshot below.

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957
Awesome mystery solved. I absolutely LOVE how flight records can continue to validate pilot error.
Ugh. I feel for this pilot. No doubt he had no clue what was happening or he would have increased altitude. I'm sorry it happened.
I am, once again, happy to validate my MP1 is a tank workhorse that does what I ask over and over and not some crazy toy that is apt to malfunction and a mind of its own...

Well it's pretty clear what happened I'm afraid. You flew it into the ground (well probably a stand of trees) on Blue Mountain Ski Resort, in sport mode and full forward elevator. It hit at around 16 m/s (35 mph) which was what caused the disconnect, not surprisingly. You should find the wreckage at or around 44.5015°N, 80.3212°W, as shown on the GE snapshot below.

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957
Ouch

Mystery not *quite* solved just yet, we're waiting on the aircraft logs for sar104 to ascertain if disconnect possibly occurred prior to impact. The relatively minimal damage reported may indicate that instead of high speed impact with trees or ground, it may have had a more gentle collision during failsafe RTH or landing.

Reactions: sar104
I am sorry to hear about your lost drone. I try reading many post here for education purposes. Although I must say it's tempting to fly beyond LOS, it may not be worth it in the end. Hope you find your drone.

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957

I think you mean 44.5015°N, -80.3212° ....<:^0

I think you mean 44.5015°N, -80.3212° ....<:^0

You mean the "-" you added in front of the longitude? If so then only if the cardinal direction were omitted. Latitude and longitude are positive north and east. You can write it as 44.5015°, -80.3212°, or 44.5015°N, 80.3212°W, since a longitude of -80° is 80°W.

Reactions: Turn11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52