DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MAVIC 2 ZOOM in San Francisco

No doubt. I'd have slung at least a couple of anchors and clipped in, but then again I'm never comfortable climbing trees. Being on belay probably gave you a bit more freedom of movement.

Being on belay is pretty much the way USFS training went too- a conifer is safer and easier to free climb than most other trees, even to the top. Although they’re a lot more messy!

I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for disturbing the ants. SF is all kinds of regulations crazy

Were you stealthy in recovering it in the park? "Hi, officer, just recovering my kids lost kite!"
Several dozen people walked by where we were working, but no one asked any questions. Due to our extensive use of binoculars just to be able to see the drone, I think many people thought we were just overzealous birdwatchers.

Reactions: iboTV and ff22
Several dozen people walked by where we were working, but no one asked any questions. Due to our extensive use of binoculars just to be able to see the drone, I think many people thought we were just overzealous birdwatchers.

Just put on a yellow vest. Everyone will think you work there. Lol

Seriously though... great work!

Reactions: jagraphics
Well I for one like a happy ending. Good work SAR, and company.

Reactions: iboTV
Also a long time lurker, surprised to see some of the wiser members here jump in between this punk & karma teaching him a lesson for making a clearly illegal flight over a military base and protected national land o_O

Reactions: iboTV
UPDATE.

I took all the advice i received here and began to do my research on getting the drone back.

i located arborists and people who get pets out of trees. I used all the info provided here with google maps to show them its location.

One company went to try an see it but reported not seeing it. They offered for 120/hr to send someone above the trees to try and find it, and $500 to retrieve it.

DJI offered me 15% off the purchase of the same drone without remote or battery about $900

At that point i gave up.

then on Monday i receive a message from someone who says they found the drone, got it from the tree and are willing to send it to me.

to say the least i was surprised. he saw my post on here, lived near the area it crashed and thought it would be cool to find it. he was very kind, only asked me to pay for shipping, and today i received my drone. Nothing was wrong with it except for some sap from the tree and 2 missing propellers.

i didn't know a community likes this existed and im thankful i found it.

I will be much more cautious with the areas i fly (didn't realize about the park) and the amount of battery i have before i fly.

i don't now how many different ways to say thank you to all of you.

hopefully i can pay it forward.

UPDATE.
I took all the advice i received here and began to do my research on getting the drone back.
i located arborists and people who get pets out of trees.

I read that as "I located abortionists....."

Probabley due to Alabama being in the news at the moment but it didn't half give me a jolt. (Just as well I have a coffee proof keyboard :)

hello how did you get this flight track drawing? this is very cool! is it possible to make a video?

It's just the flight track kml file displayed in Google Earth, with the track extended to ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser