DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic after downloading new update!

Lost connection at approximately 150 yards on a flight path I've flown a dozen times with no problems until I downloaded the new update firmware. The Mavic was restarted and rth alt. Set. Home set point recorded. But Mavic prematurely did a auto land into the tops of some trees and fell and broke gimbal and rear motor arm. I ran within 50 yards and it still would not reconnect with Mavic. I have flown across our lake and lost connection in the past but after a moment it auto returned to home. I am beside myself on this one. Has anyone had some of the same issues and what was the outcome. Thanks.
Have you got those logs from the MP yet? It will at least stop all the speculations!

I guess I'm lucky. I've never had an issue with any of the firmware updates whatsoever. I've had a problem downloading them and it has taken several attempts a few times but never an issue caused by the update. KNOCK ON WOOD!!
Maybe it's a case on case issue. I never had an issue on the download like I've heard of but just be careful. This wasn't pilot error on my part. I really don't know what happened and I wasn't recording video and I wished I had. It DJI will figure it out off the Mavic itself. So waiting to hear from them. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks

OK enough of that ****.
I was wondering. we do the update,from what I understand it also updates the battery. So what happens we we put another battery in that wasn't in the mavic when we updated it , does it update from the info within the Mavic?
cheers
mike

Reactions: WIMMPYIII
I was wondering. we do the update,from what I understand it also updates the battery. So what happens we we put another battery in that wasn't in the mavic when we updated it , does it update from the info within the Mavic?

Not all firmware updates include a battery update, but if they do then when you put in a battery that has not been updated you will get an 'inconsistent firmware found' message on the initial app screen where you see the picture of the Mavic.

When you see that just swipe the slider on the message and the battery will be updated without the need for an internet connection.

Reactions: kiwimike
Updated 4 Mavics to .700 on Saturday, all were flown without issues for several flights afterwards.

Not all firmware updates include a battery update, but if they do then when you put in a battery that has not been updated you will get an 'inconsistent firmware found' message on the initial app screen where you see the picture of the Mavic.

When you see that just swipe the slider on the message and the battery will be updated without the need for an internet connection.
THANK YOU

IMG_0706.PNG IMG_0707.PNG IMG_0708.PNG Top photo is where lost drone after updated firmware. Middle photo is where I flew over the lake also no loss of connection!! And third photo is same area of this incident and went further and never lost connection!!! All flights are by my home. The homepoint is my driveway. Never seen anything related to a battery update. So I'm not sure on that one. But then again I didn't watch the entire download. It just states the download was complete. And UPDATE!!!! DJI will not repair your drone under the manufacture warranty due to an update they don't even really give you the time of day!! I sent them a flight over the exact same area and even went further in distance and not ever did I lose connection. I even flew across our lake without losing connection. Worst customer service ever!!! I can't upload the flight itself but I will add pics of the flight path and you be the judge. I just had to spend money out of pocket for something that honestly wasn't even close to being pilot error in which they are claiming. Here are the pics. Please judge!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs