DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic after loss of connection

This is all enjoyable reading, but I for one would love it if we got back on topic. Has the OP gone down the cliff for a closer look? sar104's plot showed it might be in the sand. Tides are significant there, but there's a chance that if it got embedded in the sand, as the tide rose, it might still be there. If the battery is still latched into place it might provide additional information on what happened,

How much would it cost to get a jamming gun? You might not wanna hang around rich people area.

SAR 104 knows and explains it well. In the 50 years as a “real” pilot, I have pushed many aircraft around a compass calibration site and adjusted the DG for declination to know. Why he wants to continually engage in this debate is another matter.

How much would it cost to get a jamming gun? You might not wanna hang around rich people area.
A lot.
The fine from the FCC for using one would also be quite high.
Jammers are more commonly mentioned in forums than actually encountered out there.
I've never seen an account of a drone flyer running into one.

If this is in the UK, there is a lot going on over there in terms of research on equipment to intercept, shut down, overtake, retrieve, destroy etc....of Drones as a result of too many serious incidents/near misses with aircraft/Helicopters close to Airports. Maybe you’ve been a Guiné pig of a research test of some new anti Drone system.

Hmm. I think you may have been reading too many stories from the National Enquirer.
Polzeath in Cornwall is on the Southern tip of Merrie olde England. The narrow bit that points towards the USA.
It’s highly unlikely to be chosen as a test area for anti-drone systems, and certainly not tested on innocent member of publics equipment unawares, it could have easily come down on a child or property.

One thing I do understand is that there is absolutely no reason to believe that you actually know what you're talking about. I'll follow advice coming from more credible sources.
Meta is as credible as it gets... i think u just need to research how a compass module works for drones / how the compass works in general. Lets just say ex my mavic pro has not been calibrated since day one .....not one problem! The only things that will end up in a calibrate situation is if values are super high or drone is facing east but arrow on your app is facing north.....other wise i dont touch it! If it fly's straight and does not turn while hovering along with good values i leave it alone....now if u get "magnetic inteference calibrate compass" that just means shut down and find another spot! I also will see this in my house so it does not mean i would go out and calibrate. U just have to find a better location.... i Dji is not too good with the english language and how they word the messages in app.

The sudden power loss incidents are noteworthy but are quite rare, only affecting a tiny percentage of the drones out there.
Mavics lost due to operator disorientation or mistake such as flying into trees, wires, buildings etc, flying behind obstacles, flying downwind in a strong wind and not able to get back, launching from reinforced concrete etc is probably 20 times more.

Return to Home is the default action for loss of signal and will never change unless you change it.
The compass and sensors do not need regular calibration.
If your drone hovers in place without slowly spiraling and flies straight, leave it alone.

you should always check to see if there is any electromagnetic interference happening before flying, this could have been the reason of lost signal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tocotco80