DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic mini

Pyro6687

Reactions
Hi all

Newbie here. I'm just wondering if someone could look at my flight log and see if the reason for my drone getting lost was due to pilot error or malfunction.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-23_[16-19-07].txt
    3 KB · Views: 20
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-23_[16-20-33].txt
    390.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-23_[16-19-07].txt
    3 KB · Views: 11
More pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-185332.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-185332.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20200523-194220.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-194220.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 44
Whats did you see and do in the process ?
I was literally just flying around in sport mode . I started to increase in alt and all of a sudden controller stopped responding drone was visible. Again I tried to regain control but it kept climbing. I then tried to get it to rth but this again failed and lost complete control I was unable to find it at its last give cordinates or surrounding area. It was as if it lost all communication

I was literally just flying around in sport mode . I started to increase in alt and all of a sudden controller stopped responding drone was visible. Again I tried to regain control but it kept climbing. I then tried to get it to rth but this again failed and lost complete control I was unable to find it at its last give cordinates or surrounding area. It was as if it lost all communication

The ascent was entirely commanded by your throttle inputs:

Climb.png

The drift of the aircraft to the east was due to the wind, 15 - 20 m/s out of the west at the flight altitude of 130 m that you ascended to. The aircraft attempted to return while in RTH but cannot handle wind speeds higher than 8 m/s. Note the motor thrust vector to the west, but the aircraft track to the east.

Course.png

Battery.png

After it switched to RTH mode you didn't apply any stick inputs to attempt to control it. The appropriate action would have been to decrease altitude.

sticks.png

So unfortunately that was entirely pilot error - flying in winds too strong for the aircraft, ascending to too great a height, and not descending when the aircraft was blown away to the east.

Last edited:
Might I add something else.
In RTH mode you still retain control of the mini via the sticks, and even in sport mode, mine only returns home at about 19 MPH in no wind conditions. So not at full power, although some may suspect it would. Simply pushing the right stick full forward in sport mode, adds about another 10 MPH of speed to its return. With a tailwind, or no wind, who cares...but if battling a head wind, it is necessary to be fully forward right stick, in sport mode, even if its in automatic RTH mode. If you switched your mini from the default of right stick forward to move forward, disregard and use the stick you set as forward. It seems a few people have chosen to alter their sticks commands, from factory default, so I am mentioning it.

Reactions: Tomas H.
Still waiting for a fix for the beeping of the remote control after a a firmware update.
everything seems to be working OK,, just keeps beeping