DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic mini

Hi, luckily, I have many friends, the falling spot was accurate, and we had just a few trees near the spot. At the first day we spent many hours searching at a large area cos the drone was too high the wind too strong and the beep we can manage to hear before battery goes dead, leading us to a wrong search place.
At the second day we decided to start searching from the logs falling spot... scanning the trees using binoculars and almost at the top of a tree we saw the "bird".
A friend of a friend who has that crane, was nearby, so the rescue took very sort time.
The bird is at working condition and just the battery cover is broken...
Thank you all
I am waiting the windy days to pass, so I can shoot some pictures as I promised.

IMG_20200712_184733.jpg

...the rescue video

Yeah they grow like weeds, I planted one here about 15years ago and its well over 50ft now.

• Wow
Reactions: sch
Good to see you managed to find and recover your Mini!

I crashed mine into a tree and discovered that Minis are incredibly hard to spot among leaves and branches. I had previously put a few bits of reflective tape on mine as per the below post. The way I managed to find the aircraft was by using a camera with flash active. The reflective tape showed up as a yellow dot in the tree. That was in sunny conditions, but with an external flash unit set to maximum power. At night a torch would probably work. Transparent reflective paint is available for any who don't want to affect the looks of their Mini

Hi Chalkis,
glad you got it back! Thumbswayup How much you had to pay for the crane?
Cheers Paul
hmm... a couple of beers :) its nice to have a friend, with a friend owning a crane... otherwise think i had to pay at least 150€ or 172 USD....

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S