DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic pro 2 for 8 months in a tree. And it still works.

xtro360

Reactions
Lost a Mavic proc 2 for 7/8 month over some very tall trees. Foliage was think so could not see it. yesterday we were walking and found it had fallen enough for me to knock it out. Mot expecting anything but an expensive paperweight we took it home. I put a new battery in it, cleaned the lens cover and updated it. It flew and has done for about 2 hours. The only thing i get is the screen flickering now and then.... is there somewhere i can send it to check it out as I’m nervous to fly anywhere but an open field. Crazy.
i will include a picture i took last night. The memory card did not work either but all was fine after i replaced.

Attachments

• 67E53AA2-ED3F-4412-A0A2-96696E18E575.jpeg
    67E53AA2-ED3F-4412-A0A2-96696E18E575.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 77
The procedure may sound counter-intuitive, but unless you are in the Sahara, it probably got a fair amount of precipitation in it. That dries out leaving residue, including such things as acid etc (rain water isn't pure). It would have been best to rinse it in distilled water before powering it up. It probably would still be advisable and may fix your error. Just make sure you dry it well afterwards - much written here on the process.

I had a similar incident happened to my mavic Pro. It was finally recovered from the tree and it broke a landing leg. I opened it up when I got it back to my home totally cleaned and dried everything that I could find inside including spider webs and other bug nests.
I was very helpful because I saw the view camera lens was not cloudy at all and everything else seem to be great no corrosion in the motors or are the main boards from what I could see.
so as it turns out after there was all dried up and cleaned I was able to slap a fresh battery on it take it for a test flight and I've been flying it ever since! Everything is rock-solid with it!!!
if I had seen some glitches chances I would have sent it in to get looked at professionally but since so far it's been flawless I consider myself extremely lucky!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31