DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro

How did the battery come off 3as you flying upside down or a

I recently lost my Mavic Pro whilst flying at approx 100m with RTH activated my battery came crashing to the ground and drone nowhere to be found. Was wondering if this is something any other pilot had experienced
Hello was wondering how the battery came off either the drone was upside down or there was a lot of vibration and shook the battery off. I have a mavic platinum I can't really see how the battery came off. Good luck keep searching and do what the others say to do. Regards Irvine

I am assuming you retrieved the battery. Is there any evidence of swelling?

Hello was wondering how the battery came off either the drone was upside down or there was a lot of vibration and shook the battery off. I have a mavic platinum I can't really see how the battery came off. Good luck keep searching and do what the others say to do. Regards Irvine

There's likely no mystery about what happened to the battery. The fact that it separated in mid-air unambiguously means that it was not properly latched. It had just commenced autolanding descent. The first thing that will have happened is that it shifted enough to disconnect and cut the power. Then the aircraft will tumble and, when inverted, the denser battery can fall out.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Thanks for you help that's great.The impact estimate you mention is the house I was flying from, we expected to go to the front of the house and find the drone on the road but no sign. it's like it's disappeared so confused as to why it can't be found.

The complication is the aerodynamic drag coefficient for a a Mavic with no battery. I don't have a good number for that. I'll run some simulations with different values and see what the reasonable upper limit for drift might be.

Reactions: Chris1960
My guess is someone grabbed it. Did you have your contact info attached? If it hit a house it made enough noise to cause someone to investigate.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The complication is the aerodynamic drag coefficient for a a Mavic with no battery. I don't have a good number for that. I'll run some simulations with different values and see what the reasonable upper limit for drift might be.
Thanks for all the info and help

There's likely no mystery about what happened to the battery. The fact that it separated in mid-air unambiguously means that it was not properly latched. It had just commenced autolanding descent. The first thing that will have happened is that it shifted enough to disconnect and cut the power. Then the aircraft will tumble and, when inverted, the denser battery can fall out.
Always check and double check which is a must when spent the large amount of money on the equipment

Put out a flier if you don't find it, someone has it for sure.

Thanks just about give up hope of fi ding but well worth another look

Can you retrieve the txt log from your mobile device? I'd like to compare my wind speed and direction calculations with Airdata's wind algorithm, but their version is not working properly with DAT file input.

TXT log instructions: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

No evidence of swelling just smashed to pieces

I hope you're not storing the remains anywhere indoors or around any flammables. It could have caught your roof on fire, and still has the potential for wreaking havoc. Are the inner cells exposed?

I hope you're not storing the remains anywhere indoors or around any flammables. It could have caught your roof on fire, and still has the potential for wreaking havoc. Are the inner cells exposed?
Disposed of in correct manner

Sounds good, what is the requirement there for that? It would be interesting if you had a pics of the battery that you could share with us. Also, was there any damage to your roof? It would seem that the terminal velocity would have been huge and could have punched a hole or caused a leak possibly. Quite the high density projectile, LOL. You didn't describe what was visible inside, if anything. Could you count the cells, were they damaged as far as you could tell?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav