DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my AIR 2 S on a boat

Did you pay for flyaway with CareRefresh? Only way it covers a nonrecoverable craft. Good luck, let us know to help others.
Capt have you used the flyaway or CF insurance with a lost drone?

I am trying to figure out how to access my flight log now but mine hit the water last night. Cant recover it. Best we can guess is its in 30 feet of water.

This sucks. Not just because of the headache but I really hate seeing something as nice and expensive as a drone (or anything really) going to waste ...

Also - I am still trying to figure out how this happened int he first place. I was showing the new RC Controller to some family who have never seen a drone when it did a dive into the water. Isnt the 2S supposed to have more advanced radar preventing this very thing? My old Mav 2 that Ive had since 2017 was very sensitive to the ground and any front facing obstacles ...

When your filming for clients , they can get really upset when you loose the footage , I would recommend you consider getting the Rescue Jacket for the Air 2S and save yourself the Grief and the Frustration for the clients taking out big boats.

Rescue Jacket

Gear to Float your Air 2S
Phantomrain.org
Phantom what’s the cost of a replacement Air 2S? My flyaway claim was denied and they offered 15% off another one. No charger etc. I don’t see a solo drone for sale on the DJI site.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Also - I am still trying to figure out how this happened int he first place. I was showing the new RC Controller to some family who have never seen a drone when it did a dive into the water. Isnt the 2S supposed to have more advanced radar preventing this very thing? My old Mav 2 that Ive had since 2017 was very sensitive to the ground and any front facing obstacles ...

According to the Air 2S manual: "The Vision Systems may not function properly when the aircraft is flying over water or snow-covered areas." The downward vision system works best between 0.5 m and 30 m alt (AGL), and it must be in Normal or Cine mode, and obstacle avoidance must be set to Brake or Bypass in DJI Fly.

Similarly, the APAS has avoidance limitations when flying over water. The manual recommends all flight over water be at least 3 m above the water body.

Amazon and Best Buy have a current $200 discount on the Air 2s combo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78