DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Air to the river...couple of questions

basejumper

Reactions
Had my Mavic Air for a few years, use it a lot, its been good.
I foolishly was in sport mode getting low to the water for a nice shot along the river while on the edge of the river in my boat, I then had a brain fart. The angle of attack changes massively when in full speed using sport mode, and due to this, as I moved forward, the front two props touched the water and the drone was gone.

I now have a controller and fly more kit, with no drone.

1. Do I buy another Mavic Air, so that the kit I have is not wasted?
2. Do I upgrade to a Mavic Pro? (If so, can I use my existing controller)

If I get another air and working close to water, I will add some foam pipe and ping pong balls to it, so atleast it will float if I **** up again.

Thanks in advance guys, cheers

Hello from the Crossroads of America basejumper.

If you upgrade to the Mavic Pro, you can purchase these accessories for it.

The wet suit and the rescue jacket will allow to fly in the rain and land on water.

Although I don't fly in the rain, I do fly over water during the summer filming PWC's (JetSkis) on a closed course and don't want to take the chance to lose it.

Let them know you're a Mavic Pilot member for a discount.

Good luck with your shopping and welcome to the Forum.

Thank you!

Very helpful, those jackets look ideal! I see one for the Mavic Air 2 but not for the original Air, I wonder if its possible to modify it...

Anyway, thanks

Reactions: Ted B
Thank you!

Very helpful, those jackets look ideal! I see one for the Mavic Air 2 but not for the original Air, I wonder if its possible to modify it...

Anyway, thanks
If you get a Mavic Air you could ask phantomrain about it, if they don't have a jacket for it they could probably make something work. Also, I would think you could pickup a Mavic Pro (the original) with the controller pretty reasonable. Despite all the newer models, they are still some pretty nice and very capable drones.

Reactions: umanbean
If you upgrade and want to sell your air batteries at a reasonable price, my brother might be interested in that. I would not go to the Mavic Pro, since that is no longer made, I would go for the Mavic 2 Pro or maybe better, the Mavic Air2S as an upgrade from your Air.

You don't want to buy another original Mavic Air. DJI doesn't make batteries for it anymore so you'd be stuck trying to find someone still selling old stock of those.

Look into a Mavic Air 2, or maybe one of the Mavic Mini models. You'll need to get new controllers either way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom