DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my DJI Mavic pro on my first flight [ DRONE FOUND]

Govorin

Reactions
Hello everyone, happy new year first of all to all of you! I just read so many threads, watched millions of videos, I have a problem. I lost my drone today on my first flight , before New year :D so sad. I watched so many tutorials on YouTube, I updated my drone to last firmware, I just bought it today, and wanted to try it outside in an open area, where's enough space. I had good GPS signal, said is ready to go, so I went up like 3m high and than suddenly it switches to atti mode and starts flying away, so far away that I can't see it, and shows on my rc remote that aircraft is disconnected. I checked my logs, it's doesn't even shows where was he's route.. But I tried using "find my drone" and it shows probably just my drones last location where it losts the signal, so I went there and I didn't find it, it's gets quick dark and I went home.. So I'm now celebrating new year so happy lost my drone :( :D and I don't really know what to do, I'll go one more time tomorrow to the same location where it's lost signal last time, but after reading so much on this forum, and I lost my motivation that I'll find it.. Because some people say that when drone fly away like that on atti mode, it's keeps drifting with wind until battery dies.. So I have no idea what I can do.. I'll try to go to police as well tomorrow and I'll try to call dji support. I have my dji refresh plan as well... And also we bought this drone for our holiday just we're going to Bali on 11th of January already, so I have no idea what to do really now.. Thanks all of you for your time reading all this story :)) and hopefully I'll get some good advise what can I do in this situation.

Reactions: matth1000
Likely it flows until battery reached 10%, so it landed. Probably it is somewhere shiny as new. Hope you can find it tomorrow.

Reactions: Bseverson
Hello everyone, happy new year first of all to all of you! I just read so many threads, watched millions of videos, I have a problem. I lost my drone today on my first flight , before New year :D so sad. I watched so many tutorials on YouTube, I updated my drone to last firmware, I just bought it today, and wanted to try it outside in an open area, where's enough space. I had good GPS signal, said is ready to go, so I went up like 3m high and than suddenly it switches to atti mode and starts flying away, so far away that I can't see it, and shows on my rc remote that aircraft is disconnected. I checked my logs, it's doesn't even shows where was he's route.. But I tried using "find my drone" and it shows probably just my drones last location where it losts the signal, so I went there and I didn't find it, it's gets quick dark and I went home.. So I'm now celebrating new year so happy lost my drone :( :D and I don't really know what to do, I'll go one more time tomorrow to the same location where it's lost signal last time, but after reading so much on this forum, and I lost my motivation that I'll find it.. Because some people say that when drone fly away like that on atti mode, it's keeps drifting with wind until battery dies.. So I have no idea what I can do.. I'll try to go to police as well tomorrow and I'll try to call dji support. I have my dji refresh plan as well... And also we bought this drone for our holiday just we're going to Bali on 11th of January already, so I have no idea what to do really now.. Thanks all of you for your time reading all this story :)) and hopefully I'll get some good advise what can I do in this situation.
Please upload your DAT or TXT file from the phone. It's location can probably be extrapolated.

Reactions: Govorin
Sorry to hear your story , I really wish you luck in finding it . Stay positive .

Sorry to hear you lost your bird, especially on its first flight. I lost mine on its first flight Christmas day, but I was able to recover it. DJI has it right now, and I'll probably get it back in a couple of weeks. If I wasn't able top recover it or it was too damaged for DJI techs to repair, I'd ask for a refurbished(drone only) replacement from them so I wouldn't have to pay for another RC, battery, spare props, etc. Good luck with your search!

It may have been the wind? If the wind starts pushing me I flip the sport button and it will give you a lot more power. Either way. I hope you find your drone. I wouldn’t have left because it has lights on it. At least until the battery goes completely dead. And if it’s getting dark, it may be easier to find.

You poor thing. I feel bad for you. They should, but probably won't give you a new one. Looks like you did the right things to fly and it had a malfunction and fly away. When you do get another one or find yours, familiarize yourself with the PAUSE button and if something starts going wrong you hit that and it stops right there in mid air and waits a few seconds for the next command. Happy New Year and have fun in Bali. Wish I was going there too. LK

You poor thing. I feel bad for you. They should, but probably won't give you a new one. Looks like you did the right things to fly and it had a malfunction and fly away. When you do get another one or find yours, familiarize yourself with the PAUSE button and if something starts going wrong you hit that and it stops right there in mid air and waits a few seconds for the next command. Happy New Year and have fun in Bali. Wish I was going there too. LK
Thanks for supporting me, but actually I forget to mention that I used that button as well, as I said I watched many tutorial
s :)

Reactions: beinhart
Your drone completely malfunctioned by the looks of it. I'm seeing a mess of errors I've never ever seen before. Your compass failed, your drone seemed unable to turn, and the IMU lost calibration. This log alone should be sent to DJI and they should warranty you a new one.

Your drone completely malfunctioned by the looks of it. I'm seeing a mess of errors I've never ever seen before. Your compass failed, your drone seemed unable to turn, and the IMU lost calibration. This log alone should be sent to DJI and they should warranty you a new one.
Thanks,I'll definitely forward this to DJI support this morning,Thank you !!!

I just can't believe this happens to me,I saw how my 1420 euros was flying away on the New Years Evening :D That's sounds funny,but is so sad... :(

Sorry this happened! Everyone's worst nightmare. It looks like your log file will be convincing to DJI and you will get a new drone. I hope they send it in time for your trip to Bali. All the best to you!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000