DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Air in the Trees

Richiebricker

Reactions
20200611_163822.jpg I lost GPS then lost connection from only 390 ft distance. It did not RTH but flew into trees 42 ft high. Somebody else must
found it before I did and took it. Less than 3 months old. Can anyone look at the flight data and guess if theyll replace?

Thanks Richie of Yucaipa, CA

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-25_[16-40-23].txt
    508.9 KB · Views: 39
I spent 3 days looking through that group of trees, even bought parts and made a "tree fishing" rig. The Mav Air is bright orange with orange masterscrew props. No way i could have missed it.
I would buy a replacement but the price has jumped from $700 to $1280, OUCH!!!
Dang that camera was incredible

Reactions: Pepi
Outch. ... sorry for your lost.

View attachment 110683 I lost GPS then lost connection from only 390 ft distance. It did not RTH but flew into trees 42 ft high. Somebody else must
found it before I did and took it. Less than 3 months old. Can anyone look at the flight data and guess if theyll replace?

Thanks Richie of Yucaipa, CA
Just a side note: If GPS ist lost, RTH will not function. It is based on GPS-location at take off, so no GPS, no "take of point" to find.

I got lucky to spend 700 on myself but for 500 i might get stuck with a
YuneeKorn Tyfood H. It might fit in the backseat of my volvo or I could buy a truck to
tow it and still save some bucks

You just flew the drone straight into the tree in sport mode. The sticks were released 2.3 seconds before the impact but it was too late. There is no sign of any malfunctioning of the drone.

View attachment 110712
I might cry a little but I appreciate your knowledge and time and new persective on crashsite. It appears closer to the trail than i thought. Being disabled makes alot of tasks harder on me
but MavicPilots make it easy and they will answer any question within minutes. THANKS
Those of you in the Yucaipa and Forrest Falls area... I WILL RAISE THE REWARD TO $200

I lnow how you feel, i put my first drone, P3A, into the trees & looked for days but unable to find it. FINALLY i posted my flight log here & was shown that i was looking in forest about 30-40 ft. Away from what log showed. Sure enough, there she was resting comfortably about 50' up. Exactly where log guru(Sar) told me it would be.
Rog

I have quite a good view on the Laws of Physics
As do many people on here. There are even some physicists among us.

It's great knowing the Laws of Physics and all (you will find it most helpful here, especially if you choose to help with crash assistance), but being well versed in DJI software helps.

The drone never entered ATTI mode, so never lost GPS. Loss of GPS would typically require a break in the LOS between the satellites and the drone (sometimes upwards of 13 satellites). This is usually achieved by flying under bridges or through tunnels.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been a Mavic owner for a while, lurking these forums for longer.

Reactions: Richiebricker
As do many people on here. There are even some physicists among us.

It's great knowing the Laws of Physics and all (you will find it most helpful here, especially if you choose to help with crash assistance), but being well versed in DJI software helps.

The drone never entered ATTI mode, so never lost GPS. Loss of GPS would typically require a break in the LOS between the satellites and the drone (sometimes upwards of 13 satellites). This is usually achieved by flying under bridges or through tunnels.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been a Mavic owner for a while, lurking these forums for longer.
Yeah, Ive never had it lose satalite connection, but then again the FAA had a warning out that the military were testing the ability to block or disrupt sat signals about 100 miles away that week, I asked DJI to look into it, idk if they did or even have that ability

• Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I lnow how you feel, i put my first drone, P3A, into the trees & looked for days but unable to find it. FINALLY i posted my flight log here & was shown that i was looking in forest about 30-40 ft. Away from what log showed. Sure enough, there she was resting comfortably about 50' up. Exactly where log guru(Sar) told me it would be.
Rog
Thanks, At least I dont feel alone here

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven