DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my mavic mini

If it's not on the ground under those trees someone took it or it bounced in the water. Sorry to sound rude but it shouldn't take too long or be too hard to search under a few trees. If you're struggling this much, it's gone.

You've got a good idea matching the tree in the video - but you need more of the limbs in the search pictures to match up a distinctive limb to give you the position.

If it's not on the ground under those trees someone took it or it bounced in the water. Sorry to sound rude but it shouldn't take too long or be too hard to search under a few trees. If you're struggling this much, it's gone.
I concur at this point. That crash area looks like 100ft from your home point? Did you wait to go over and look for it by chance?

Reactions: OurAngryBadger
I concur at this point. That crash area looks like 100ft from your home point? Did you wait to go over and look for it by chance?

@Mav1c and @Photogad Thank you for your comments.

I think you are neglected the fact that the drone was is QuickShot mode, it was doing an helix and I was not able to abort it while crashing...

... After replay the video, I see that the drone was free falling from the top from the right side of the tree, but the the next image is from the left side of it near the trunk and then it was away from the tree!

Is it possible that it resist the contacts with the tree is very bad shap but contrinous to fly and crash on the lake as shown on the image of AIRDATA?

Thanks in advance

I think you are neglected the fact that the drone was is QuickShot mode, it was doing an helix and I was not able to abort it while crashing...

... After replay the video, I see that the drone was free falling from the top from the right side of the tree, but the the next image is from the left side of it near the trunk and then it was away from the tree!

Is it possible that it resist the contacts with the tree is very bad shap but contrinous to fly and crash on the lake as shown on the image of AIRDATA?

Thanks in advance

@Mav1c I saw the drone crash with the tree (I was without reaction for 1 or 2 seconds), I was not bellieving that was it but a bird. Then I heard the noise of the propellers raze to the tree branches another couple of seconds and then I walk quickly to the place. There was no one there except the lady that one can see on the footage.... It took me less then one minute to reach the location...

Thanks in advance

I am not the flight log expert so I can't comment on where it crash landed, I think @sar104 and @slup already answered this. I would theorize myself that it's possible it bounced on impact and could have bounced into the lake. Maybe unlikely, but who knows, anything is really possible.

My main point here is that is crash landed only a few hundred feet from where you were operating from, and there's only 3 or 4 trees there. It should in theory only take 5 minutes to look under those trees. If it's not there;

1. Someone stole it.
2. It bounced into the lake.
3. Its stuck in the tree somehow.
4. An animal carried it off.

If I was in your situation I would probably buy a wetsuit, life jacket, and a snorkle and search the lake at least 10ft from the shoreline in the area of those trees.

But again I am not the expert here, maybe one of the other experts can tell you that it's definitely not in the water.

I am not the flight log expert so I can't comment on where it crash landed, I think @sar104 and @slup already answered this. I would theorize myself that it's possible it bounced on impact and could have bounced into the lake. Maybe unlikely, but who knows, anything is really possible.

My main point here is that is crash landed only a few hundred feet from where you were operating from, and there's only 3 or 4 trees there. It should in theory only take 5 minutes to look under those trees. If it's not there;

1. Someone stole it.
2. It bounced into the lake.
3. Its stuck in the tree somehow.
4. An animal carried it off.

If I was in your situation I would probably buy a wetsuit, life jacket, and a snorkle and search the lake at least 10ft from the shoreline in the area of those trees.

But again I am not the expert here, maybe one of the other experts can tell you that it's definitely not in the water.

Again big thanks for the advices, for the water part I would not need to swim as the lake is max 1.5mt/4.9ft deep.

So your opinion is that after crash with the tree the motors had stop and the drone enter in free fall?

Again big thanks for the advices, for the water part I would not need to swim as the lake is max 1.5mt/4.9ft deep.

So your opinion is that after crash with the tree the motors had stop and the drone enter in free fall?

I can't comment on what happened after the crash as I'm not an expert, but I would say common sense would reason that if you can't find it under the trees, it's not there.

If the lake is that shallow I would look in the water. That's what I would do if this was my drone, and if the water is warm enough. At least get some swim goggles so you can look under the water. Depending on the soil and vegetation at the bottom of the lake it might be impossible to find but it's worth a try.

If it is stuck in a tree, it could be hard to spot.
At a drone workshop that I facilitate, someone flew their drone into a tree. He didn't hear me shouting to land it immediately before it would hit.
We never found it. It was either still in the tree hiding, or somewhere on the ground in an unexpected location. In our case the tree had foliage making it harder to spot a quad.

Reactions: LukiDrone
Definitely possible.
If it hit a branch and threw a prop / broke a prop in half etc, it could easily deviate off on a large angle while powering and descending.
@DanMan32 After been on site again that's what I think happened, the drone was engaging still the quickshot trajectory and there is no sign that was stucked on the bushes on the lake shore.

If one can trust on the gps data it drown on the lake:

aa.png

Since this a natural reserve, swiming is not allowed and I have no boat I need to fortget it.... ?

@DanMan32 After been on site again that's what I think happened, the drone was engaging still the quickshot trajectory and there is no sign that was stucked on the bushes on the lake shore.

If one can trust on the gps data it drown on the lake:

View attachment 97914

Since this a natural reserve, swiming is not allowed and I have no boat I need to fortget it.... ?

The late-time GPS data are spurious - even if it ended up out in the water it was not broadcasting data at that point. The track into the water is just a reflection of poor GPS reception when it on the ground. Color coding position by total GNSS satellites locked:

Position.png

The late-time GPS data are spurious - even if it ended up out in the water it was not broadcasting data at that point. The track into the water is just a reflection of poor GPS reception when it on the ground. Color coding position by total GNSS satellites locked:

View attachment 97916
Nice chart @sar104 Then until the crossing with the presious trajectory in a 2D plan ia the last reliable gps signal?

Nice chart @sar104 Then until the crossing with the presious trajectory in a 2D plan ia the last reliable gps signal?

Possibly, although I'd be a little skeptical of the position data when the aircraft was on the ground looking up at the trees. It clearly fell out of that tree - it didn't fly away from it. Unless it could have fallen directly into the water then it has to be in that waterside vegetation, unless someone else took it first.

Reactions: Capt KO
Oh yeah, I hadn't seen the video, uploaded after I first read the OP.
Looks like it landed on its back under the trees, but you said you got there within a minute and it was no around ?
The ground looks so open, it would be impossible not to find it surely ?

What about the video, between 1:47 and 1:52, there seemed to be some signal vision latency, probably due to it dropping so near / onto the ground.
During those last second before coming to rest at 1:53, it could have been in shoreline reeds looking up ?
Though it doesn't appear to be under water at least, and you'd think it should still be quite visible.
Can you go lie down near the bank edge and recreate that final resting frame ?

No, nothing with the social distance and flying, is about nature protection and don't mess with the natural habitat of the ducks and swans. The bush part on the water has some nests and I need to be careful not to destroy it will searching the drone. the bushes have around 2 mt/6.5 ft high and quite dense.
Were there other people around / near where you thought it went down? if so, someone could have been watching the Drone flying around and could have seen it crash land and picked it up; I believe this happened in my case when my Mini landed 12 - 20 mtrs past the RTH point (and just out of sight) and some one has picked it up ! (searched for over 3 hours!!!)

What can be the rectangular shape visible at the left of one of the last images ? (I have circled it in orange)
It looks like the superior end of a wall...
1586050593272.png

Oh yeah, I hadn't seen the video, uploaded after I first read the OP.
Looks like it landed on its back under the trees, but you said you got there within a minute and it was no around ?
The ground looks so open, it would be impossible not to find it surely ?

What about the video, between 1:47 and 1:52, there seemed to be some signal vision latency, probably due to it dropping so near / onto the ground.
During those last second before coming to rest at 1:53, it could have been in shoreline reeds looking up ?
Though it doesn't appear to be under water at least, and you'd think it should still be quite visible.
Can you go lie down near the bank edge and recreate that final resting frame ?
I was there again today, I did some vídeos, is dificult that the image is from ground level I took some pics that identify some branches. I search 5 mt form the tree perimiter. The few place I miss is climb the tree and check some spots not visible under it. Later I'll post some vídeo for analisys.

Is some one know if/how to check from the logs if/when the motores had stop, thanks. I did not climb the tree yet, I would like to understand the probabilty to remain on the tree.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone